Chord Company’s ChordOhmic fluid promises improved cable signal transfer

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
No direspect but for a company with chord s reputation to come out with this hocus pocus shite !! And expect us to take this in in awfull. All time looooow .

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
It’s time What Hifi got some engineers on staff. To print this with no questioning of the technical side of it tells you why I dropped my subscription. Pathetic. I’d love to see the performance information related to the “4 years and still outperforming“ guff.

atmasphere

Feb 23, 2020
Visit site
I created an account just to hate quote this -

Apparently, the original test cables that were treated four years ago by Chord are still “significantly outperforming” the untreated versions built at the same time.

apparently.

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Oh, look, more bullsh1t. It's almost as if someone was paying What HiFi to completely disregard science and throw common sense out the window to promote this snake oil shite as fact.
Shame on you, What HiFi.

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
No direspect but for a company with chord s reputation to come out with this hocus pocus shite !! And expect us to take this in in awfull. All time looooow .
You're far to polite. I treat them and their ilk with the utter contempt they deserve. But What HiFi are worse, for selling out and promoting this bullsh1t. Propagating and perpetuating these utterly ridiculous myths, thereby allowing, nay, facilitating unscrupulous companies to sell their snake oil to gullible people who believe in this nonsense, with impunity.

Glotz

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
"Hate Quotes", "utter contempt" and 'unscrupulous companies'...? Childish rants describe the lot of you!
Let me guess, you've all heard Chord products and just can't stand the sound... right? Bull.
And like any ONE of you care one whit about those who 'wastes their money' on this... Fake, indignant clamor!

Here's one poster's "Hi-Fi system"... lol! HiFi setup:
Spotify/iTunes or GL75 into Cambridge CXA80 feeding custom-built speakers
Yeah that Cambridge integrated is sooo insightful! Custom-built speakers... say no more! I hope your studio has better equipment! Lol..

Have any of you flat-earthers tried Caig DeOxit Gold?

All of you deserve to listen to the compromised, mid-fi sound you so cultivate.

Jimboo

Oh boy! I used chord cable and interconnects for over twenty years. Fine products. Nothing gained with the top of the range stuff I found. Your sound is your sound.
This product advertised is just guff pure and simple. De oxit is cheaper guff.

Glotz

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
M'kay... that's a lie. You would have much more to say about Chord. Much the same about your lies regarding "this product' and 'De oxit".

You wouldn't know if it was guff or not... You haven't tried it, so therefore you have no opinion-
Only conjecture.

And worse- you somehow found a way to GO BACK in terms of sound quality from top-level, expensive gear from Chord for a hodgepodge of entry-level offerings from Rega and Audiolab?? Your lies are sadly typical of any worthless, unhappy troll.

Stop posting unless you learn to tell the truth.

Jimboo

Why would anyone feel the need to try a product that common sense dictates is going to be minimal (if one is being generous). Listen , it works for you , happy days.
My grammar may be poor but my brain knows guff from fact. It's your money and you can waste it on what you want.

Jimboo

I have not gone back. I only have one cable in my present system that isn't chord. I have one Cambridge optical and chords look after the Linn. I do not have speaker cables as I own active speakers.
As for the truth? I like my system and do not feel the need to coat anything with anything.

abacus

M'kay... that's a lie. You would have much more to say about Chord. Much the same about your lies regarding "this product' and 'De oxit".

You wouldn't know if it was guff or not... You haven't tried it, so therefore you have no opinion-
Only conjecture.

And worse- you somehow found a way to GO BACK in terms of sound quality from top-level, expensive gear from Chord for a hodgepodge of entry-level offerings from Rega and Audiolab?? Your lies are sadly typical of any worthless, unhappy troll.

Stop posting unless you learn to tell the truth.

De- oxit is great for cleaning up contacts or electrical knobs/sliders, (It is used quite often for electronic repair) but apart from that it has no magical properties at all.

Get your old school science books out and you will see why the chord fluid is a complete con, better still go to any engineer that works in audio and electronics and they will tell you the same.

If you wish to be taken seriously, provide independent verifiable results that it makes a difference, otherwise you r rantings are completely pointless.

Verified facts don’t lie, and claiming that they do (Which is what your posts appear to be saying) will never get you any respect. (And you certainly won’t be taken seriously)

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Here's one poster's "Hi-Fi system"... lol! HiFi setup:
Spotify/iTunes or GL75 into Cambridge CXA80 feeding custom-built speakers
Yeah that Cambridge integrated is sooo insightful! Custom-built speakers... say no more! I hope your studio has better equipment! Lol..

Ohhh, looks like you're talking about my little system! How fun!

The Cambridge integrated amp is fine, for what it is. Given that HiFi is a hobby, I have a limited amount of money to spend on it. My measurements indicate that it's clean and linear at any sensible power level, and that's reflected when I listen.

Of course, I could drop in any number of higher-end pro amplifiers: one of my amps (Crown MA12000i) cost a little over £6000 new. Be assured that, in the PA world, the performance does increase with price.
The reason I don't use the pro amps is because the Cambridge is easy to use. Simple as that. A system that takes 10 minutes to boot up doesn't get used - believe me, I used to have one of those.

I like the custom-built speakers, but you're welcome to come to listen and form your own conclusions.
FWIW, the 8" driver is a bigger version of what they use in the Amphion One monitors (they're pretty well-received), and the tweeter is one that Earl Geddes used on some of his speakers.
In theory at least, the sound should be pretty decent.

In conclusion, I'm going to leave this:
You haven't tried it, so therefore you have no opinion-
Only conjecture.

Seems to me like you're not in much of a position to judge what I enjoy listening to without trying it for yourself.

Chris

Glotz

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Why would anyone feel the need to try a product that common sense dictates is going to be minimal (if one is being generous). Listen , it works for you , happy days.
My grammar may be poor but my brain knows guff from fact. It's your money and you can waste it on what you want.

Common sense? What common sense is there in dismissing something straight-away?

Glotz

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Ohhh, looks like you're talking about my little system! How fun!

The Cambridge integrated amp is fine, for what it is. Given that HiFi is a hobby, I have a limited amount of money to spend on it. My measurements indicate that it's clean and linear at any sensible power level, and that's reflected when I listen.

Of course, I could drop in any number of higher-end pro amplifiers: one of my amps (Crown MA12000i) cost a little over £6000 new. Be assured that, in the PA world, the performance does increase with price.
The reason I don't use the pro amps is because the Cambridge is easy to use. Simple as that. A system that takes 10 minutes to boot up doesn't get used - believe me, I used to have one of those.

I like the custom-built speakers, but you're welcome to come to listen and form your own conclusions.
FWIW, the 8" driver is a bigger version of what they use in the Amphion One monitors (they're pretty well-received), and the tweeter is one that Earl Geddes used on some of his speakers.
In theory at least, the sound should be pretty decent.

In conclusion, I'm going to leave this:

Seems to me like you're not in much of a position to judge what I enjoy listening to without trying it for yourself.

Chris

Pretty decent? The difference between decent and great is self-explanatory. This contact enhancer is for use with systems that sound great. You are in no position to posit anything with your current, "decent" line-up.

No one is judging you, but you are rather judging a product based on conjecture and a lack of experience. This product is not marketed to you, much the way a Ferrari is not marketed to you. You simply deserved a taste of your own medicine.

Impugn others and their products at your own risk.

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Pretty decent? The difference between decent and great is self-explanatory. This contact enhancer is for use with systems that sound great. You are in no position to posit anything with your current, "decent" line-up.

No one is judging you, but you are rather judging a product based on conjecture and a lack of experience. This product is not marketed to you, much the way a Ferrari is not marketed to you. You simply deserved a taste of your own medicine.

"Pretty decent" is me being modest. I'd take these speakers over Quad ESLs, Lowthers, or pretty much anything else you could name. There are a couple of potential upgrades that I can see, but when one new driver would cost as much as the amplifier, I'm inclined to leave them be.

Greatness is relative. Impugn others and their systems at your own risk.

Chris

PS - Having tried both, I'd take my daily driver over an Italian supercar any day of the week. Ferraris etc are only really useful on tracks. Kind-of like how some HiFi systems only "work" on one album. It gets boring.

Jimboo

Got a live one here. So you have a top of the range, all singing - all dancing behemoth of a hi fi . The mother of sound reproduction. It needs a 3 pound bottle of unicorm sputem to make it sing? Really , thousands of pounds of quality engineering improved by a contact cleaner compiled by Gandalf the grey.

If you owned a ferrari i would expect you to buy a faux leather wheel steering cover from halfords and crow to all other car owners how it improves the handling.
Don't disrespect other peoples systems please. You keep dabbing your magic liquid and enjoy the massive sonic gains , no doubt you have already ordered your bottle from chord , please do come back and tell us how you got on x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts