chord carnival silverscreen.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

maxflinn:but copper is copper , Well, no it's not. Copper will have varying amounts of impurities in it!

Though whether or by how much of an audible difference those impurities will make is another arguement..

And of course not all speaker cables are manufactured from copper. Different metals have different electrical properties.

A

Anonymous

i guess there may well be impurities in it , under microscopic examination , but silver cables aside ,i would personally guess that any difference between copper cables could only be caused by the shielding or lack of interference ..

anyway , i think my chords sound more, er, solid
emotion-43.gif
, would i send them back if i could and get my e28 back ? probably not , simply because i would be left wondering if my system might sound better , not because as some people say , i have been "blown away"
emotion-2.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:
i guess there may well be impurities in it , under microscopic examination , but silver cables aside ,i would personally guess that any difference between copper cables could only be caused by the shielding or lack of interference ..

anyway , i think my chords sound more, er, solid
emotion-43.gif
, would i send them back if i could and get my e28 back ? probably not , simply because i would be left wondering if my system might sound better , not because as some people say , i have been "blown away"
emotion-2.gif

The sheathing that the copper is in can also make a difference to the measurements

Theres also a few theories that its impurities trapped between the copper and the sheathing thats removed over time that accounts for the phenomenon that is 'burn in'

As stated, copper is mixed with other metals so thats going to make a 'measureable' difference. DCT also completely changes the grain structure

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:The sheathing that the copper is in can also make a difference to the measurements
Theres also a few theories that its impurities trapped between the copper and the sheathing thats removed over time that accounts for the phenomenon that is 'burn in'

As stated, copper is mixed with other metals so thats going to make a 'measureable' difference. DCT also completely changes the grain structure What other metals? I thought it was about the 99% mark in purity, hadn't realised it was a blend. So people have measured the difference? Like to read about that, it's always been a concern of mine that differences which are clearly measurable never are. Just like so-called burn-in and directionality, too.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:aliEnRIK:The sheathing that the copper is in can also make a difference to the measurements

As stated, copper is mixed with other metals so thats going to make a 'measureable' difference. DCT also completely changes the grain structure What other metals? I thought it was about the 99% mark in purity, hadn't realised it was a blend. So people have measured the difference? Like to read about that, it's always been a concern of mine that differences which are clearly measurable never are. Just like so-called burn-in and directionality, too.

Sorry, my bad

I meant other 'elements'

SteveR750

Google Roger Russell Speaker wire. Interesting read.

Cables are the great science vs perception debate that has perplexed scientists and philosophers for centuries. I believe that cables make a difference simply because I can hear it, but in the grand scheme of things moving my furniture has a massively bigger impact, let alone changing components.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts