Choosing a turntable for up to £500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a Marantz PM6002 amp and CD6002 CD player with B&W 685 speakers, and now I would like to add a turntable. My budget is £500. At the moment, it seems to be a battle between the Rega P3-24 with Elys 2 cartridge, and the Pro-ject RPM 5.2 with 2M red cartridge. Any recommendations, warnings, thoughts, ponderings, or advice would be very welcome. My musical tastes are classical, folk, and jazz mainly, if this makes any difference.

A

Anonymous

I would probably go with the Rega P3 if I were you, however the RPM5.2 is a very competent player and the looks are far more inspiring! The only way to tell is for you to listen to both players on similar equipment to that of yours (if not identical).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Or a Rega P2 (£249) + Denon DL-110 (About £65) and lots of records from the money saved :)

(Your Marantz amp has an MM phono input so the Denon cartridge will be OK as it is a high output moving coil.)

A

Anonymous

Im in the same boat, my dealer has a project rpm5.2 for 330 pounds which is a great deal or i could get a nice p2 for 320 with cartridge fitted. Can the p2 be upgraded to the p3 model? How much of an upgrade would either of theese players be over my pro-ject rpm1 genie? Advice most welcome..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts