Check out my new TV!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tinman1952

Oh yes, I exchanged my LG 55 OLED first generation ex-display from John Lewis and paid money for the first generation Panasonic OLED ex-display 65-inch from the Home Sound in Scotland with Nick that was The Home Cinema shop. I then sold that Panasonic OLED on eBay to buy the LG OLED 65e6v which I had for a while.
Well I suppose it saves having to dust them………😄

D

Deleted member 196306

Didn’t you also have an E7 (sold to your sister?) and then what’s happened to your various Samsung QLED TVs? I think you were using your dad’s LG C9 as well quite recently?
Yes, my sister has the E7. Samsung Qleds are around the house my Mum and Dad bought them off me. I still got the C9 next to the new Panasonic, both are going at the same time! :)

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 196306

Same programme or different programmes? I still don't understand the need to have 2 TVs in the same room.
If I have them both on then it will be the same programme to compare. I might have one as a gaming TV though.

D

Deleted member 196306

I suppose it’s has got to be hobby I’ve mine, trying new TVs out. This is the first time I have intentionally had 2 TVs in the same room though and judging by these two TVs probably the last. The Panasonic was RRP £4300 and I got it for £1360 with a 5 year warranty. My interest In TVs got the better of me this time. :)

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I suppose it’s has got to be hobby I’ve mine, trying new TVs out. This is the first time I have intentionally had 2 TVs in the same room though and judging by these two TVs probably the last. The Panasonic was RRP £4300 and I got it for £1360 with a 5 year warranty. My interest In TVs got the better of me this time. :)
Puzzled,why have you changed your Name? Have you run out of Gel :D

D

Deleted member 196306

Puzzled,why have you changed your Name? Have you run out of Gel :D
Haha. Well, I had a lot of good and bad memories being Gel and wanted a fresh start if I continued to post on here. Some people didn’t like the fact I had a lot of posts and points too. Good to see you buddy. (y)

Reactions: RodhasGibson

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
A very good deal, this particular Oled was at the top of my list at the start of the year. But the price point was just to high. So I settled on the CX and had the TV calibrated. I hear these Panasonic TVs are already fine tuned to the directors intent. Enjoy 😎

D

Deleted member 196306

A very good deal, this particular Oled was at the top of my list at the start of the year. But the price point was just to high. So I settled on the CX and had the TV calibrated. I hear these Panasonic TVs are already fine tuned to the directors intent. Enjoy 😎
Cheers mate. (y)

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I am sure it does but you cannot demonstrate how good a hi resolution screen is on something of lower resolution was my point.
YouTube has 4k,HDR,and DV content just like the rest of the streaming platforms. Hence why I disagreed with your initial comments.

In fairness you do get most things right on this forum, especially on the Hifi thread. ✌🏻

D

Deleted member 196306

Still digging this TV. It’s a keeper, mind you I couldn’t return it anyway… I cancelled the 5 year Protection Plus because the screen is fine.

D

Deleted member 196306

The screen is fine.....for now. The protection is for 5 years and it's an OLED TV. You've already experienced screen burn on OLED, haven't you?
Yes, but that was through watching Sky Sports News, I don’t watch that now.

D

Deleted member 196306

It can be some other channel in the future. Anyways, it's your choice.
If worse comes to worse I will pay something like £250 for a new screen, if LG OLED 65-inch screen are anything to go by.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
If worse comes to worse I will pay something like £250 for a new screen, if LG OLED 65-inch screen are anything to go by.

Burn-in is something to be aware of, but not worry about. Vary the content and you will be fine. I have a library of hdr demo's I like to use via YouTube to get the pixels really working after watching shows/movies with the letter box at the top & bottom of the screen. I do the same ten minute demo when my daughter plays her PlayStation games before powering the TV off . I also turn the TV off after 4 hours of use, to let the recycle do it's thing for ten minutes.

Plasma had a similar reputation regarding burn-in, my Samsung Plasma went strong for a good 15 years without any issues. I like to calibrate my panels, so I know I'm not over working the screen. I believe 2019 Oleds onwards are much more reliable!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts