Chebby! Help!

Or any other radio head.

The past week or so Magic FM on the Sky box and TV Freeview has lost a lot of treble. It literally sounds like the the treble tone control has been turned down to minimum, but as the Leema doesn't have tone controls...

However, on the Denon tuner the same station is absolutely fine. I've also tried switching the Freeview/Sky box onto different inputs and it's the same. Rubbish.

If you guys could check and report back it'll be appreciated.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Or any other radio head.

The past week or so Magic FM on the Sky box and TV Freeview has lost a lot of treble. It literally sounds like the the treble tone control has been turned down to minimum, but as the Leema doesn't have tone controls...

I didn't even need to crank up the hi-fi! Even through the television's own speakers it sounded like it was coming through a damp sock compared to adjacent Freeview radio stations!

daveh75

plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
In these circumstances hurrah for analogue FM.

And, surely, a hurrah for internet radio where it was also sounding fine. (And where almost the entire planet can listen to it.)

You're absolutely right. But as I don't have internet radio...

You have a b/band connection and a PC, and didn't you get an iThing recently...

daveh75 said:
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

And, surely, a hurrah for internet radio where it was also sounding fine. (And where almost the entire planet can listen to it.)

You're absolutely right. But as I don't have internet radio...

You have a b/band connection and a PC, and didn't you get an iThing recently...

TBH, since they started demolition and construction work in September practically every week the PC goes down, usually only for short periods. In addition we've had numerous power cuts and floods... and blocked toilets. It's a bloody nightmare. Until they complete this work, estimated next January, I'm not even thinkin about anything PC-wise.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but BBC FM has been distributed to transmitters in glorious digital from 1972* onwards :)

So BBC FM stereo has been about as 'analogue' as your CD player (apart from the 'last hop' from the transmitter) for over 40 years if you lived in London or the South-East back then.

The story is told here (and it's a highly recommended read if you like all things radio) ...

http://www.bbceng.info/Technical%20Reviews/pcm-nicam/digits-fm.html

* Roll-out started with the first digital link from Broadcasting House to the Wrotham transmitter in September 1972.

BenLaw said:
What are you posting on?

Please, Mr. Law. You are determined to give me a hard time.

It was no later than October (can't find the exact thread) I went two weeks without a PC and I was looking for compo. My business was suffering. You came on and gave the usual spew..."can't claim for this, can't do that....I'm Ben and I know it all" Well you know f*** all. BT and the construction company reimbursed me in full, and they (Highways Agency) also paid for repairs needed to my old car.

Since then it has gone down every week, only for short periods, but still had a nasty impact on my income. Understand?

Please pester someone else.

John Duncan said:
I think that it was a simple question, PP, and that you are overreacting.

Sorry, John... it seems everytime I reply to a post then Ben always has to question (it appears) my integrity. That's how it comes across to me.

I have mentioned about power cuts and the fact the PC keeps going down, just prior to the festive period. Just get peed off with it.

Not wanting to gloat by any stretch (no genuine reason to), but ordinary folk should be applauding me, not giving me a hard time. Please feel free to mail me and I'll explain... I'm sure you have a good idea, though.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Whoah. Just making the (fairly obvious) point that if you're on a device (puter or mobile) that can post on the internet you clearly have the ability to listen to some internet radio, indeed at the same time. It's not like it's a complex or involved process. So I was going for the Luddite rather than liar angle.

Btw, 'ordinary folk should be applauding me'? I'm sure you're living your life as best you can but that's more than a tad egocentric.

@Benlaw

Apologies to you and others for the outburst. However, you clearly read my previous reply otherwise you wouldn't have asked. I did state clearly "practically every week the PC goes down, usually only for short periods. In addition we've had numerous power cuts..."

You have pulled me up on a number of occasions for not reading a post in its entirety, and that's what gave me the pip, amongst other non-forum related things....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts