cheaper av receiver with pre-out?

boshk

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Front right speaker died after 15yrs so I'm buying a new pair.

I'm pretty much hooked on the B&W CM1s and for amp, most likely Rotel RA-12 or Marantz. I had debated on ra-1520 and other non-internal dac amps but i would need an ext dac.

Problem is, my old 15yr Yamaha a595a av receiver doesnt have Pre-out.

Whats the best solution to still have 5.1? I need to buy a new av receiver or find a 2nd hand one with pre-out right?

Any suggestions?

I chose stereo intergrated amp because i listen to music 80% of the time.

Thanks

A

Anderson

The slim line marantz are cheaper than most and have LR preouts.

boshk

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Anderson said:
The slim line marantz are cheaper than most and have LR preouts.

thank you.

Marantz NR-1403....most basic one has a L/R pre-out, I'm just checking that it actually is a 'full' pre-out (i.e. taking PS3's digital sound for movies)

I have recently bought the Pioneer VSX-924 (GBP 499.00) to use as a source for my digital music. I don't use it for AV setup at all, but purely as the melting point for my music (iTunes through AirPlay, Spotify through SpotifyConnect and HiRez music from an external HDD/NAS). The Pre-out (front speakers) feeds to my Leema Tucana II amp directly. I have a high quality external DAC which I have put aside, as the in-built one in the AVR is an audiophile grade ESS Sabre Premier DAC and therefore ticks all the boxes. I now no longer need an expensive dedicated streamer for my music. For the movies, it is a 7.1 system and should work well for you.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/news/VSX_series/page.html

Happy hunting!

Deepak

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts