cheap record clamp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

GeoffreyW said:
gasolin, a good dealer should allow you to compare a cheaper basic deck against a better one, as differences can be considerable, as I found out many years ago.

A Rega RP1 is a good place to start, or a used Planar 3 with the straight RB300 arm, both of which can be improved when you're ready, which you are very likely to want to do. A good player reveals much more of the detail on an Lp, than a cheap one. You can see my setup in my sig., and it is much better than my old Rega Planar 3 with the S- shaped R200 arm, even with a Dynavector 10x4 cartridge.

I'm assuming that good reproduction is important to you, so can only echo the others here to buy the best you can afford. There at considerable improvements to be heard.

Even if the current vinyl craze fades away, it means that there will be some good stuff for sale in a few years.

Good luck.

Might only upgrade cartridge when it's time for that since a rega carbon is surpose to be good but not at all expensive (50€,35£) or above budget cartridges

Of course it has to sound good, but i would more like to use the money to get me a personal lp collection, so when i buy lp it's first from my favorit danish artist and then the big ones thriller,brothers in arms, made in japan, music for the masses,eric clapton unplugged..... so it's gonna be a nice little collection and not 100's of records since im not gonna use it for everyday listening, for that i will use tidal hifi and youtube

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts