cheap iPhone 4 deals?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
With the release of iPhone 4S, I was expecting a slew of cheap deals on the old iPhone, but this doesn't seem to be the case. The O2 online store only lists refurbs of the 16gb model... Have they simply wound down production and switched to 8gb memory with ruthless efficiency, or is it too early to snag a bargain?

John Duncan

Too early. O2 are pitching the 4S with a vengeance though - Mrs JD has her eye on the second-from-top deal which OTTOMH is £31 a month plus £99 for the handset; this is about 12 quid less than they wanted for her to upgrade to a 4 about a month ago...

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Bear in mind, it's only recently that you've been able to find 3GS bargains. Stock/production will have been managed to mean there may not be many of the 4 around. Even those that are - the cost price is still very high (think £500+) so I wouldn't expect much discounting.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Too early. O2 are pitching the 4S with a vengeance though - Mrs JD has her eye on the second-from-top deal which OTTOMH is £31 a month plus £99 for the handset; this is about 12 quid less than they wanted for her to upgrade to a 4 about a month ago...

I was 'quoted happy' by O2 today to upgrade my 4 to 4S (with trade-in of course). I will leave it until after tomorrow night's IOS5 download before I decide. Upgrading to the iPhone 4S is a 'worst case' scenario in case IOS5 makes my 4 too slow*.

*I really don't think Apple are going to deliberately 'cripple' a whole generation of iPhone 4s just to get us all upgrading to the 4S. They are also going to continue selling a 'new' iPhone 8GB (without the new A5 dual-core processor) so it makes sense they aren't going to want to hobble that with a top-heavy OS.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
so it makes sense they aren't going to want to hobble that with a top-heavy OS.

Agreed. I think that's why they left Hal 9000 Siri out for older phones. When I had a 3GS, going to iOS 4 slowed it somewhat.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
aye, but that's probably £6 a month, so it's another £144, and I only actually need about 100 minutes / 100 texts a month (I'm chained to a desk with its own phone and work mobile for 12-14hrs a day!). It's only for personal calls at weekends really.

Let's calculate.

You can get 600 mins, unlimited texts & 500MB internet for £10.25 per month on a 12-month SIM only deal on Vodafone (special offer currently which I have availed only yesterday). Add £429 for iPhone 4.

So it will be £675 over a 24-month period.

You'll get cheaper iPhone 4 on Ebay than £429 I've quoted from Apple store.

£35 per month for 24 months will be £840.

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Pre order the iPhone 4S today on the One Plan from Three from £35 per month. All you can eat Data, 2000 minutes and 5000 texts and get 4S today + £115 cashback

Not available in store.

Expires in 5 days

Best offer I can find but to get the cash 115 there are conditions to be met but it works for me.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
hmmm, could easily go the non-contract route. That said, Vodafone are a bit rough for international calls. (they charge £1 a minute or if you buy a bolt on for £5, they charge you 30p a minute). (I'm Irish so calls to family at home are a factor).

T-mobile and Orange are both better value for that reason (although would appreciate feedback on their networks).

Currently with 02 on simplicity plan, which isn't that cheap, compared to competitors, but I have my broadband with o2 and they do £9 a month for o2 customers.

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
yes Quidco works if you follow through on the small print agree with your comments on 3 and the boss on the payments/costs

Always worth a try for the money back I have done very well from past deals .

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've come across a PAYG service called GIFFGAFF that will give 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £10 a month top-up (which can be done automatically via a standing order, so you avoid feeling like a student!).

They appear to run on 02's network.

They offer EU calls at 8p/min landline, 16p/minute mobile, texts 8p and MMS 24p.

That will mean £240 over two years, plus £499 for an iPhone 4s (or less for an iPhone 4, hopefully...).

Has anyone used these guys before? It seems too good to be true (which generally means it is...!).

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
done some digging on giffgaff and they appear to be an ethical sort of company. few staff, members give their time to helping with customer service in return for rewards, percentage of profits to charity. Sounds like a worthwhile business, and exceptionally cheap!

A

Anonymous

Well, iPhone 4s is amazing phone and now you can have this phone with scintillating iPhone pay monthly deals available with different networks like Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-mobile, Three and Tesco. The deals offered for 12, 24, 36 month contracts under which you can choose from tariff plans as per your choice.

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
annice said:
Well, iPhone 4s is amazing phone and now you can have this phone with scintillating iPhone pay monthly deals available with different networks like Vodafone, Orange, O2, T-mobile, Three and Tesco. The deals offered for 12, 24, 36 month contracts under which you can choose from tariff plans as per your choice.

Mmmmmmmmmm, first post and promoting a deal like this, methinks I smell a 'rat'....LOL

Cynical...?...moi.....non...:rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts