Cheap AV Receiver with Optical Out

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As the title suggests, can anyone recommend a cheap AV receiver with optical out? I would like to be able to extract PCM data from SACD's and Blu-ray music discs that I have.

Many thanks,

Stuart

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Stubby and welcome to the forum first things first it would be better to get an amp that also does hi-def audio via hdmi as well as optical or coax.What speakers do you use? will you be watching films? do you have sky or virgin media? certain blu-ray players will play sacd using hdmi you would hear a big diffrence then just using optical. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I have a system that is optimised for 2 channel reproduction. I am toying with expanding this to take in a centre and a sub and becoming 3.1, but my preference will always be 2 channel music on my Naim set up. I recently sold my CD player and now solely rely on streaming as my music source.

I would like to record 24 bit rips from my Blu-ray player that I will then be able to play on my streamer, I thought that the best way to do this would be to strip the audio component from the HDMI stream that I currently get from my Blu ray player, but I am open to alternative solutions..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts