changing front L&R speakers for music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ive a kef 2005.3k2 kef 5.1 setup with a yamaha amp RX-V667. Love the setup but i love my music too so if i moved the kefs front L&R to use as 7.1 and changed the fronts for better stereo speakers for say example cambridge audio's S30's just for front L&R rated at 100w would these drown the centre kef out as im thinking when using for 5.1 or 7.1 movies? Like the idea of having some decent but small fronts for direct mode for music. Will i notice much difference between the kefs i have and say the S30's?

A

Anonymous

I would suggest replacing all front 3 at the same time, you need keep a tonal balance for the front sound stage and mixing the type of speakers at the front would not be advisable.

scene

markjaspi:I would suggest replacing all front 3 at the same time, you need keep a tonal balance for the front sound stage and mixing the type of speakers at the front would not be advisable.
+1 on that. I'd also recommend looking at looking at speakers from the same manufacturer first, preferably featuring the same technology, to help tonal matching wih the othe speakers in the setup

A

Anonymous

I had the Kef 2005.3 fronts with the 3005se center. I to wanted to upgrade the fronts for music I ended up getting the Kef iQ5SE floorstanders a great buy, Richer Sounds have just dropped the price to £299 now. They are not quite run as yet but sound fantastic with music and do add a great atmosphere to Films.. I then changed the rears to Kef iQ10 bookshelve I do have to admit I am over the moon now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts