change of amp and cd combination

trevorok

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
hello everyone . I am thinking of buying the roksan k2 bt amp cd combination to replace my cambridge 651a and 351c i have aero 2 on stands which i like will the 140 per channel amp be ok with my 120w speakers i only ever go to the 10 oclock position and whould you consider this a good inppove ment and mayby a less bright sound or a sweeter sound interested on your opionions mally.*good*

rainsoothe

Hi. Reading around on the speakes, they may also be responsible for the brightness you report. First of all you should try to make a shortlist and try to get an audition of stuff.

I, for one, would keep the CD player and look for an Arcam A19 (which have dropped in price a lot, or even look at a second-hand one). If that still doesn't do it, check out Focal Aria 906 (if they fit your budget).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I had the K2 amplifier and cd player on home dem a few years ago.

Whilst it didn't suit my own personal listening preferences it will almost certainly fulfill yours. Sound is rounded and smooth.

You would have to enjoy unpleasantly loud volumes to ever get close to the power handling limits of your speakers. And, as you've probably read before, it's easier to damage speakers with underpowered amps, due to distortion/clipping if played too loud. Unfortunately the rotation on the volume control is no guide.

The better amp might be just what you need, but don't buy without hearing at home. As mentioned already, it might be the speakers aren't ideal or need setting up differently.

I'd be less tempted by the discontinued A19, however, unless you really like it and it is cheap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts