CENTRE SPEAKERS DRAMAS

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Watched the new Robin Hood film on Friday night and experienced some difficulty in hearing/discerning the vocal element of the film, this is not an entirely new thing, I have not changed the set up/configuration or anything. This time the thing that has set this off is my lovely lady, who shares my love of films, didnt think the vocals were that clear.

This all set me off on the upgrade wheel, visiting many websites etc, then I spotted the Dali Ikon centre at Richer Sounds for £80. Would this be a sensible improvement on my KEF 3005 centre used currently?

I truly think it is a speaker thing, or is it my Onkyo Telling me to upgrade......608......808......denon 2310......2311??????

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Andrew, but despite the criticism of the film, we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experiance as a light hearted medieval romp.......dont take it too seriously.

Anyway I need advice, so maybe help would be good!!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, if you've only encountered this problem with the one disc, and you haven't changed any settings, then it may be that the dialogue is mixed low on the disc. But not having seen the disc, I'm afraid I wouldn't know.

You could just try raising the centre channel level a bit.

However, mixing up speakers across the front three in a home cinema system isn't a good idea - the tonal balance will be all over the shop.

Oh, and if you want a medieval romp with more historical accuracy, try this:

robin-hood-men-in-tights-blu-ray-large.jpg

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
woodster:Watched the new Robin Hood film on Friday night and experienced some difficulty in hearing/discerning the vocal element of the film, this is not an entirely new thing, I have not changed the set up/configuration or anything. This time the thing that has set this off is my lovely lady, who shares my love of films, didnt think the vocals were that clear.

Audio seemed ok to me on the disc, I watched it last wednesday ( about the best part of the film quality wise )

woodster:This all set me off on the upgrade wheel, visiting many websites etc, then I spotted the Dali Ikon centre at Richer Sounds for £80. Would this be a sensible improvement on my KEF 3005 centre used currently?

As Mr E said not advisable as it would be a miss-match, try turning the centre channel up by around 3db I have found in the past this helps.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your top tips guys, saved £80 too, I shall inch up the centre setting a couple of three dbs.

Andrew, its not just this disc, I find it with nearly all, so maybe your solution will help, its prob cos I went with the Onks auto set up and trusted it.

Top film too, girlfriend has grimaced at blokes in tights........

Regards

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
woodster:Andrew, its not just this disc, I find it with nearly all, so maybe your solution will help, its prob cos I went with the Onks auto set up and trusted it.

Probably yes: just treat the auto set-up as a starting-point, and tweak the settings - mainly the levels - to suit your personal preferences.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts