Centre Speaker Options

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Cambridge 640R receiver with AR-17 front speakers ( a vintage model from the 70's refurbished & reconditioned) and I use di-poler Mission rear speakers for surround duties. My question is, what centre speaker do I get to match the Acoustic Research brand ? I was thinking Quad...?

A

Anonymous

ricardo65:I have a Cambridge 640R receiver with AR-17 front speakers ( a vintage model from the 70's refurbished & reconditioned) and I use di-poler Mission rear speakers for surround duties. My question is, what centre speaker do I get to match the Acoustic Research brand ? I was thinking Quad...?Im afraid for timbre and voice matching your centre should be the same make and model as your left and right speaker

A

Anonymous

That's obviously the problem I have as Acoustic Research have long since stopped producing spekaers of my type and never made a centre type and as I am reluctant to let my beautiful old boxes go I'm trying to find something that would be as close a match as possible...it will require a smooth rich yet detailed type of sound. This is why I thought of the Quad range.

Is it a pointess exercise and I am I facing the prospect of replacing them with a new set of front, left and center speakers ?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like a similar problem i had with my speaker setup, i managed to audition a few centre speakers with my Musical Technology floorstanders & found that the Kef Centre Reference 100 did the job for me. This was about the best in my situation i could find to match.

So if you can, see if you can do a few home auditions with your speakers & a few new centres before forking out for 3 new ones if you can!! It will save you some decent money.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts