Central/Surround replacement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the Onkyo 705 and i am thinking of replacing my central (B&W CC3) and surround speakers (Solid HCM1), for the Dali Ikon Vokal 2 and for surrounding the Dali Ikon 2. Already have as front speakers the oldies Dali SL7, and honestly i just enjoy very much the dispersion of the Dali speakers... but do you think i´m going to make the right move, or do i have better choices?.... Because right now i don´t feel to much "deep" in my system, and i am in the need of more punch and power.......

A

Anonymous

If you simply require more punch I would have a closer look at your subwoofer and leave the rest alone for just now! Gorge

A

Anonymous

Maybe youïre right.
My Sub is a Solid PB100, and he is in the back of the room together with the surround speakers... itïs the only option i have, and unfortenely itïs is noticeable in the punch, and i cannot mess with the crossover, because theres is no one in it.... only the power button and the phase switch (0,180).....
And the problem is that the Dali SL7 are great, but they lack bass frequencies.....

Just gonna look arond for a good sub, any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Hi Ditador,

you mentioned that you have an Onkyo Receiver in your original post. I am not overly familiar with the details of the Onkyo functionality, but I would assume that you could set the crossover from your receiver. I would give this a try as you may be able to save yourself the cost of a new sub (which may perform exactly the same as your old sub if the receiver is setting the crossover too low).

If you do decide you need a new sub, then I would recommend looking at the Velodyne SPL range. They offer a great deal of grunt for a reasonable price. Alternatives would be Rel or for speaker matching, look at the Dali subs (I am not familiar with how these perform though).

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts