CDs that really sound beautiful

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
CDs to show off the sound on your hifi: Carry on up the charts by The Beautiful South takes some beating, it really does! It's like the pair of them are singing in my front room. Mind you good job they aren't as it would be a bit crowded with all the pianos and things.

A

Anonymous

Air- moon safari and 10000hz legend, badly drawn boy - hour of the bewilderbeast is so good its freaky, jeff buckley- grace, the the - soul mining and mind bomb.I am having a look in the cupboard that contains all my cd's but its too dark and i have to use a torch to see. I am sure there are plenty more- if i could find them.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
soul mining and mind bomb on vinyl,awesome.the only cd i have heard that sounds credible is spectrum by billy cobham but again on vinyl it's stunning.have to say though that the arcam cd 73 is a cracker of a cd player,i should have kept it but had to sell it to fund another project.i now use my sons cd player a musical fidelity x ray which is very detailed but a tad cold sounding but you can probably tell i'm a vinyl man.

A

Anonymous

The Arcam Rocks! Well...not literally because it's an Arcam....but you know what I was getting at! I was quite impressed with Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here....Beautiful South is certianly up there, but I lost the CD in a rental car.

A

Anonymous

Robbie Williams Swing While You're Winning (good fun)
Janet Jackson The Velvet Rope (loads of deep deep bass to test your system)
The Immaculate Collection Madonna (holographic at times)
Shawn Mullins Soul's Core (solo guitar focus)
Anything by Jack Johnson (gets bass heavy at times)
Anything by Michael Jackson (bit bright)
Bach Cantatas collection by John Eliot Gardiner
Bach St. Matthew Passion by Nikolaus Harnoncourt
Herbie Hancock River
Echoes: The Einaudi Collection
Anything on the Linn Records label

...to name a few good ones...

A

Anonymous

My favourite at the moment is - Jack Johnson's Brushfire Fairytales, everything on this recording sounds superb from Jack's guitar to the soaring percussion.

A

Anonymous

Oh, and one that shows off the hi-fi and pleases all the mates is either Metallica or Guns And Roses Sweet Child Of Mine.

But the mates are usually saying "how much bass does it have" in which case Fatboy Slim Right Here Right Now is played. I have an old JVC mini-hifi that I play that song through, which is plugged into a Sony Sub-woofer. The power light on the sub dimms when it plays that song!

A

Anonymous

for me it has to be Paul Simon - Graceland - i find that most of Pauls work is very well produced and incredibly dynamic. Another of my favourites is Santana - Supernatural which has an incredible "live" feeling to it and thunderous bass on some of the tracks. Although, if i want something a bit heavier then its either Opeth - Ghost Reveries or Oceansize - Frames

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts