CDP for AVI kit?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
My AVI Lab Series cd player has been confirmed unrepairable by the manufacturer. I've explained reasons for this in another post, so now I need to replace it. My current gear is AVI Lab Series Integrated & AVI Duo speakers. What cd player would be a good match for this system? I've been offered a new AVI lab series cdp at a reduced price but would like to know what other options are around at the £700 mark. Thanks.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I have been a fan of AVI for a long time, since I had my 2000 series system (long gone). The player in question is superb, looks good and gels well as a system but I'm sure you know that.

You can get perhaps a slightly different sound in similiar priced players but whether they are better is questionable imo.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Had a densen B-100 amp (i think, its been a long time ago) for a few months. Never really got on with it unfortunately. Have'nt heard any of their products lately so have to do that at some stage.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The budget Densen are quite good but the pre/power amp or 400XS cd player is where they become a bargain, even at the price.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
it's a shame that your cdp is unrepairable considering it's pedigree. if only all high end manafacturers could offer a guarantee like bryston, 20 years for their amps. i would go with the avi at £700.00 i love their laboratory series range.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
AVI cdp it is then I reckon, the broken one was bought second hand and the combined cost of it and the new reduced price one is still less than rrp - plus it does sound great. Cheers for your comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts