CD Wow Blu-rays! Some top buys to be had!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nufcmarson

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I ordered James Bond Quantum of Solace for £10.49, I received an email stating that it will be delayed for a few days, I then emailed to confirm that it was the blu ray version that I had ordered and paid for. They confirmed that it was and the price was correct for the blu ray version.

A bargain when it does arrive!!

A

Anonymous

Ordered the Matrix trilogy last night for £15 - it's back up to £35 now!

Got the e-mail saying that they're out of stock this morning. will be interesting to see if they honour the price or just give a refund.

Wish I'd ordered the James Bond boxset as well now!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Im in the same boat as 'ProfHat' and 'Brian123'. I ordered the matrix trilogy teh other day at £15.99 and have been delayed. Ultra suspicious now I have seen you guys are in the same mess.
Looks like a big admin balls up on the prices the previous day, would not be surprised if they don't honour it.

A

Anonymous

Don't want to worry you all, but...

I ordered a few cds from there a while back. They never came. All "out of stock" for 2 months. And it was a new release, and two run of the mill albums, not a rare back catalogue order. After 2 months of emails, I gave up and went elsewhere.

CD wow were going through all sorts of law suits about cheap cd's and tax.

If you haven't heard in a month or so... think about a refund!

A

Anonymous

I have had two delay emails, one for each "low priced" bluray ordered
emotion-7.gif

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi folks. I checked the link yesterday and i have to say that some of the bluray prices looked to good to be true..being a bit cautious, i ordered the bourne supremacy on bluray at 6.99...and have today also recieved the same email stating that the bluray is back ordered. i find it hard to believe everyones bargain order is out of stock..me thinks this is an alternative method of stating "we dont want you to have a bargain bluray due to our cockup!!"

Lets just wait and see how it all pans out now, its not like cdwow have taken the money and run..im assuming that paypal/google only debit your account once the goods have been dispatched? im keeping an eye out, just incase....

A

Anonymous

asif:

its not like cdwow have taken the money and run..im assuming that paypal/google only debit your account once the goods have been dispatched? im keeping an eye out, just incase....

My money's already been taken from my Paypal account.....
emotion-7.gif

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Jeepers creepers! i instructed the mrs to order that but had a change of heart at the last moment! Being the courageous type, i offered my 6.99 as a martyr just incase it went belly up. Anybody else also had the money debited by cdwow? but got the backorder email?

A

Anonymous

One of mine has been dispatched now so fingers crossed for the rest!!! Will never use them again if they f all this up!

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Im sure ive used them once before. I noticed when i placed the order, at the checkout it doesnt always show the bluray order as a bluray, in some cases it just says movie. Oh well, whats the saying? once bitten....

A

Anonymous

The fact that so many delay emails have gone out does make it seem like they are hoping the orders are cancelled as you get fed up with the wait.

I added the same titles to a new basket with no warning that they were not available, for this alone they will lose any repeat business of mine no matter what the outcome of my "cheap" discs is.

A

Anonymous

This seems to have happened to a lot o ppl now so I think this is their ploy to get out of giving us the goods at a great price! b*stds. I will be really shocked now if they do, but I don't want to cancel cos there may be an off chance that we will get em at that prices the other day. They took my dosh too btw.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Have sent a message through their website asking if they intend to honour the prices or not. I've made it quite clear I'm not complaining if they're not going to as it could simply be a mistake and if so, that's unfortunate but fair enough (mistakes happen to the best of us). But I also want to know if I should hang on or whether I should be looking around elsewhere. Will update if I get a reply.

ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, here's the response:

Thanks for your e-mail.

We had managed to procure stock at a discounted rate from our suppliers and as always, we passed on the discount to our valued customers.

This was a great bargain which led to an extraordinary demand. These sales and promotions are launched with a significant stock holding at the discounted price and are offered on a strictly first come, first served basis. However, we will fulfill most of the orders till the discounted stock lasts.

Also note, billing is immediately initiated when an order is placed, because that is how our payment service provider operates. They authorise and debit your card simultaneously. Therefore I can confirm that you have ordered these items with discounted price.

If you need any further assistance please do let us know.

So worth hanging on!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
CD-Wow supply most of their stuff from Hong Kong. I haven't ordered from them for about a year, but in the past I found their service was good - discs from HK usually arrived faster than ones from Play etc in the Channel Islands!

They do sell some HK DVD's (region 3), but always make this plain. (Some of the HK DVDs weren't as good as UK ones, but they were a fair bit cheaper - and some of them were excellent.)

I hope they fulfill all the bargain Blu-ray orders!

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think I have used cd wow in a good year or two now, well not since I used to buy the region 2&4 Sopranos for £22.50 a season. Back then the cheapest price for a region 2 season was around £55, £60 ish on region 1. The packaging was better compared to the region 1or2 boxsets as well (a nice slim plastic case), same features and sound though but for less than half the price.

I stopped using them as I got fed up with almost everything being out of stock, or waiting around two weeks for delivery of instock items. And this was before their warehouse went up in smoke. It's a shame as they were generally pretty good a few years ago, and the cheapest on price.

I normally use play as their stock levels are very good, excellent service and good delivery times. When I ordered all 20 remastered ultimate edition Bond dvd's for xmas in their bogof deal the other year I got an e-mail from play the next day,saying my account had been frozen and asking to ring them up urgently. As it was an unusually large order for my account they wanted to find out if I had actually made the order or if my account had been compromised before proccessing the order. Really impressed me, you can't beat customer service like that.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
SpiceWeasel: .I stopped using them as I got fed up with almost everything being out of stock, or waiting around two weeks for delivery of instock items.

I still use them occasionally, but find them infuriatingly slow at times, even with CDs pre-ordered long before release date (due to being cheapest available on-line) but arriving more than 2 weeks after the CD has arrived in the shops!

I have previously ordered bargain items where they are unable to fulfiull the order due to stock problems and they refunded the payment, so hopefully nobody should have any problems. Apart from not getting a bargain item.

A

Anonymous

Use the cash you saved to visit Amazon.

Buy a book, a thick one. You are in for a long wait.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Only used them once for a region 1 DVD. Ordered some stuff off Play at the same time. The item from CDWOW arrived from HK in 4 days which was before the stuff from Play arrived.Just hope all you guys are not disappointed.

A

Anonymous

Well my first Blu Ray arrived this morning so pretty happy with that. Lord knows how long the wait will be for AC/DC but at £5 I don't mind as long as it turns up and works.

A

Anonymous

A fortunate person, just received the following email:-

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order #xxxxxxxxxfor Batman Begins (Product code: 3807836)

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.
Your order for this item has now been cancelled and a refund will shortly be processed back to the account from where the original payment was debited.
We hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.
Thank you for shopping with CD WOW!

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Service

Or reading between the lines, We posted the wrong price, took your money, had a few days interest on it, please visit again when you require disappointing.
emotion-9.gif

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I was lucky enough to receive my Iron Man BluRay for a real bargain price but I did receive the same email as above telling me they had cancelled my order for the other Blu Rays.

Still I got the main one I was interested in...

CDWow seem to be cheap for everything except BluRay, where they are normally very expensive.

A

Anonymous

kjayf:

A fortunate person, just received the following email:-

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order #xxxxxxxxxfor Batman Begins (Product code: 3807836)

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.
Your order for this item has now been cancelled and a refund will shortly be processed back to the account from where the original payment was debited.
We hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.
Thank you for shopping with CD WOW!

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Service

Or reading between the lines, We posted the wrong price, took your money, had a few days interest on it, please visit again when you require disappointing.
emotion-9.gif

I got the same e-mail myself today.
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS