admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm putting together another little system, with an old amp & speakers that I've recently resurrected & I'm short of a CD player.

l have around £100 - £150 or so to spend new or second hand & would be grateful for recommendations.

A

Anonymous

The amp is a Yamaha A-550 with 50wpc, into 8 ohms & the speakers are Epos M5i's.

Looking for a dynamic CD player & willing to go up to £200, for a "good 'un"

T

the record spot

Have a look at the BigEarsAudio website. There's a variety of players on there, but it might be worth getting in touch to make an offer on one or two and get some more info about them. Likewise, you could do worse than see Steve's Hi Fi - Kenwood DP7090 £180 I think, plus several others in your price range.

A

Anonymous

Right, as always the budget has stretched some what, to cover all the shortlisters, which look like:-

Second hand Marantz CD 17 KI Signiture MK 2.

New - Marantz CD6002 or Cambridge Audio 640C V2

What do you recon?

T

the record spot

CD17, no question. Even moreso if it's a KI. It'll tan the other two comfortably.

A

Anonymous

Yes, that's what l thought. However, as you hint at John, the cost of a second hand Marantz 17 is approx £350 (one just gone on eBay) & the Marantz 6002 is about £200 & the CA, in silver, £170.

There is also some reservation about the older 17 to recognise & play CD-R's consistantly & reliably. Though l accept this was a £1100 player 8 or so years ago & should out perform the others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts