CD Player Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there. I'm just after some advice on CDP upgrade from my aging Arcam CD93 (same electronics as the CD192 btw).

I have a Musical Fidelity 3.5 integrated amp and Monitor Audio GR20 floorstanders.

2 or 3 choices would be useful to start my listening tests please............................

I like the sound of Primare CD31 but not the price, or the fact it 'may' sound bright, as my speakers are aluminium and 'quite' bright.

Budget £1200 at a push £1500, if you think my amplifier is up to it?

Thanks

Imp

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Graham,

I recently auditioned several cd players in the £1500 to £2500 bracket using high quality amps (EAR 846 pre and 509 power amps) and electrostatic speakers (quad ESL 63s). I ended up plumped for the Musical Fidelity A5 player. I'm not saying this is the best or only player but make sure you put it on your short list. Since then I have also bought a A5 intergrated and A5 DAB tuner both brand new and at greatly reduced priced off Ebay. This for me has proved a great way to buy as you can save at least a third of MRP and if you don't like it long term you can sell it on. regards Imp

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice so far. 1 or 2 more would be appreciated. Cheers
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

have a listen to a marantz SA11s1, its due for a replacements soon, so there may be some bargains to be had. CD sounded great to my cloth ears, but SACD was something else again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts