CD player to match Yamaha AV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

I have a Yamaha RX-V1065 amp matched to KEF KHT2005 speakers, obviously used for home cinema.

I would like to match a cd player to this and was wondering what would go well.

Looking to maximum 300 pounds.

Do you definitely want a dedicated stereo CD player, or would a good BluRay machine serve several purposes and still play your CDs OK?

As pure CD players go, the Marantz CD6003 has been a favourite in your price range, and is now around £200 pending arrival of its replacement (which might be worth waiting for - not tested yet).

A Cambridge Azur 650BD was last year's award winner, and will play SACDs and CDs, but its successor (the 651) seems to be £500 now.

In fact, for £300, you could probably get both a Marantz CD player (as above) and a Sony BDP-S380 bluray player!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions Nopiano

I presently have a PS3 as my blueray dvd player.

The reason for wanting a dedicated cd player is that the missus doesn't want to use use the television in order to access the menus, tracks etc.

I will look at the 2 have suggested and perhaps see what Richer sounds have. I currently live in Singapore and prices here are ridiculous. I will be seeking to purchase when I come back to the UK for chiristmas.

T

the record spot

If you can find one, check out the Harman Kardon HD990 which I heard last year - great player for the money. Originally £500, when it came out a couple of years ago, you can pick it up for £299 (Home Cinema Centre in Edinburgh). It also offers a DAC you can use for other digital source to use. Nice player and I think the styling will compliment your Yamaha amp too.

brendanm said:
I will look at the 2 have suggested and perhaps see what Richer sounds have. I currently live in Singapore and prices here are ridiculous. I will be seeking to purchase when I come back to the UK for chiristmas.

Things will have moved on in those 3 or 4 months, so the Marantz CD6004 will be a known quantity, and other contenders may emerge. And you'll have the WHF 2011 Awards to refer to!

RS are always bang up to date on pricing, so will be a good point of reference from Singapore. Not sure if you can get the VAT off for export - saves a fair bit!

TRENDING THREADS