cd player to match Musical Fidelity M6i

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

Looking for a cd player to match musical fidelity m6i amp and Dali Zensor 5 speakers. Blew budget on amp so most likely looking at second hand. A couple of sugdens on ebay - they any good?

All ideas gratefully recieved

Unfortunately cannot audition anything for a long time due to health constraints

Thanks for your input

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi I know you have blown your budget but the M6 CDP is awsome, I bought the M6i and a Roksan caspian cdp when I should have got the the M6CDP as funds would not allow I now have a M6 CDP paired with a M6500i if you can find an ex dem M6CDP you might be lucky I payed £1300 for mine, mind you nothing wrong with the Roksan caspian but the Musical Fidelity is realy very special

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello there - you are not the first to suggest i replace speakers rather than cd player - maybe that is something I should now consider(trouble is, only had speakers for a couple of months) Any suggestions? Budget probably £1000 max

Thanks*smile*

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that - have been looking at M6cdp- you are first to say how good it is, so will probably wait for 6 months or so to see if good second hand one appears. Several people have suggested I change speakers first so maybe I will look at doing this now and saving for M6cdp later

Thanks for your help*smile*

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input - the sugden was a cd21 series 2. Now got two recommendations for MF cdp so think will probably save up for one next year- the consensus appears to be to replace my speakers first to get biggest improvements - trouble is only got them a few months ago, before I decided to splash out on the MF 6i amp, so somehow now got to sort out a trade in deal/ sale of speakers (+explain to wife why something I bought a couple of months ago is now no good lol*wacko*)

Thanks again for your help

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Peter,

I am selling the Sugden CD21 Series 2 player on Ebay.

The CD player has performed really well in my system and matches well with MF equipment as i had it paired with MF 550K supercharger amps.

Im only selling as im going down the streaming route.

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - it looks like I may bide my time and go down the MF route for the cd player sometime next year - even if my amp had a fault on delivery and is back with MF for repair (left channel only kicked in if I turned up volume really loud) Looks like consensus is the best place to start is replacement speakers

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I have the MI CD player and I play that through the Musical Fidelity M1Clic, ........this will give you another option too of a network player.

I have now nearly completed the ripping of all my CDs to the NAS drive but admit to using the CD player for my new purchases as the CDs sit on top of the rack.

The SQ i believe is excellent. I maybe biased but MF seem to offer excellent value for money HiFi products.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts