CD Player? Really?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Nice. Do you know if there's any difference between the 7510 and the 7520?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:Gerrardasnails:Khaine775:
Gerrardasnails:Khaine775:The Beresford Caiman?That is the latest and most expensive. As you mentioned budget, I was pointing out the Beresford 7510 which can be picked up on ebay for around £70. The Caiman is around £200 I think.I've just seen on Creek's website that they have an ex demo Evo for £300 with 2 year warranty. If you can afford that, I'd grab it! Sell the Denon and add the DAC when you have saved up a bit more. The difference between the Denon and the Creek with your Dalis would be massive.

Do they ship out of the UK? You see, I'm from Denmark.

Only in the UK I'm afraid.Do you mean creek or Beresford?

Beresford will ship to anywhere in Europe!!!

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/others/ordering.html

Creek

A

Anonymous

Khaine775:

Ok, so I've been doing a little testing with what I have. Turns out that what actually sounds best is steaming music wirelessly from my PC to the PS3, through the television to the amp (the only output on the PS3 is HDMI and optical, and my amp doesn't have neither, so I'm using the HDMI through the TV and then from the TV to the amp). Btw, is there some kind of solution out there so I can go directly from the PS3 to the amp? Some kind of device where I can use the optical output on the PS3 to go through to the amp?

I recommend using the analogue out on you PS3 directly to the amp. You need to use the bundled cable that converts from the proprietary Sony connector to phono, I assume you have one of these. I tried using an external DAC (the Beresford) and found it made no difference to the sound.

A

Anonymous

hipe:Khaine775:
Ok, so I've been doing a little testing with what I have. Turns out that what actually sounds best is steaming music wirelessly from my PC to the PS3, through the television to the amp (the only output on the PS3 is HDMI and optical, and my amp doesn't have neither, so I'm using the HDMI through the TV and then from the TV to the amp). Btw, is there some kind of solution out there so I can go directly from the PS3 to the amp? Some kind of device where I can use the optical output on the PS3 to go through to the amp?

I recommend using the analogue out on you PS3 directly to the amp. You need to use the bundled cable that converts from the proprietary Sony connector to phono, I assume you have one of these. I tried using an external DAC (the Beresford) and found it made no difference to the sound.

I've tried to use the analogue out from the PS3 directly to the amp now, and it actually made quite a big difference! Most of it is probably due to the sound settings on both the iPhone and the PS3 though, but I can clearly hear the difference nevertheless.

TRENDING THREADS