cd player or speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, i am new here and sorry for my badf english.

Few weeks ago i buy Nad c356 bee, he replace a marantz pm 7001 because he been without a character and strong bass, whitout body and stage deepneses.Speakers i have is Dali concept 6 and wire is Vdh cs 122.Nad is absolutly great buy, he brings everything what marantz don't have, marantz is a good even great amp, but not for Dali.So now i have a sweet problem,the player i have is cd marantz 6002 and i have a feeling that is time to change him, what do you think about cambridge audio 650c???Or should i change the speaker, i think about monitoraudio silver rx6.I satisfied now, the character of sound is what i wand a long time ago, but i want in the next level.
And one more thing, the interconect i have is Vdh d 102 mk lll,now he is to deep, when i put him l have boomy efect,i dont need more bass i just need definitive everything,what you say about audioquest columbia...

thank you guys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pinkfloyd said:
Hi everyone, i am new here and sorry for my badf english. Few weeks ago i buy Nad c356 bee, he replace a marantz pm 7001 because he been without a character and strong bass, whitout body and stage deepneses.Speakers i have is Dali concept 6 and wire is Vdh cs 122.Nad is absolutly great buy, he brings everything what marantz don't have, marantz is a good even great amp, but not for Dali.So now i have a sweet problem,the player i have is cd marantz 6002 and i have a feeling that is time to change him, what do you think about cambridge audio 650c???Or should i change the speaker, i think about monitoraudio silver rx6.I satisfied now, the character of sound is what i wand a long time ago, but i want in the next level. And one more thing, the interconect i have is Vdh d 102 mk lll,now he is to deep, when i put him l have boomy efect,i dont need more bass i just need definitive everything,what you say about audioquest columbia... thank you guys --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forum.

This is a slightly tricky one to answer. I know Nad and Monitor Audio quite well and it is a very good match. Likewise, although not had much experience with Dali, but from what I've read and heard are similar in tonal character to Monitor Audio, is a very good speaker. The only true way of deciding whether one speaker is better than the other is to listen to both, if possible.

It really depends on what budget you have, and of course, availability of different brands.

What is your room acoustics like?

Sorry can't be anymore help but I'm sure someone with Dali knowledge can be more informative.

A

Anonymous

room....i have no time to sent picture but belive me room is great, i have exelent damp 22m2...yes dali and ma is Similarly

character, but i think is hard to be open more than dali.What you say about cd CA 650c whit nad, and do i feel the different about him and marantz cd 6002, anyone experience whit audioquest columbia.....

I help you so you can help me...like i said, the sound now is exellent, but i want go up...its been five years pause and now i buy a now amp,and......i want now everithing....

pinkfloyd said:
room....i have no time to sent picture but belive me room is great, i have exelent damp 22m2...yes dali and ma is Similarly

character, but i think is hard to be open more than dali.What you say about cd CA 650c whit nad, and do i feel the different about him and marantz cd 6002, anyone experience whit audioquest columbia.....

I help you so you can help me...like i said, the sound now is exellent, but i want go up...its been five years pause and now i buy a now amp,and......i want now everithing....

When I mentioned room acoustics, how is it furnished? do you have soft furnishing, like sofas, carpets, curtains etc etc. or is it reflective? hard floors, bare walls...

Your room acoustics will influence the sound you hear...

A

Anonymous

yes i understand, i have carpets, picture on wall big sofa....all in all it's fine acustic room, i understand the room is on the top of piramid to get the good sound.....

pinkfloyd said:
yes i understand, i have carpets, picture on wall big sofa....all in all it's fine acustic room, i understand the room is on the top of piramid to get the good sound.....

Okay, fine. Can you listen to any speakers at a dealer that's fairly local to you?

Above all else, only your ears will tell you if it's right to change speakers, CDPs or whether to stick with existing set-up. All we can do is advise you into possible alternatives...

Before we go any further, we need to know what you have when it comes to dealers?

A

Anonymous

the dealers....yes, thats the problem, in my city i dont have any dealers who sell ca and ma....i have only theory...

pinkfloyd said:
the dealers....yes, thats the problem, in my city i dont have any dealers who sell ca and ma....i have only theory...

Sorry, pinkfloyd, I didn't see the Cambridge Audio 650 reference. For what it's worth Cambridge and MA and Dali I would say avoid. All these brands are fairly bright and are not a great mix.

For MA and Dali the amps you need are: Creek, Arcam, Roksan Kandy, Nad, Marantz, Yamaha...

Avoid: Cambridge, Rotel, Cyrus, Naim and Primare.

These are the amps and cdps I've heard but your ears may tell you otherwise. Sadly, hi-fi is sometimes too personal.

A

Anonymous

thank you friends,

but in the future i changing my speakers for MA rx 6, you said it's open like Dali and i need a little darkest player....

A

Anonymous

I agree that the NAD C545BEE CDP would be a superb match; having owned it and a number of NAD amps and the M/A RX6 speakers; it'd be a superb combo

However other speakers to consider would be (if you can demo them that is); QUAD 22L2's & the B&W 684's and 683's

If you wanted to look at other CDP's then at the top of the list (IMO) should be the Rega Apollo and the Audiolab 8200CDP's as well

A

Anonymous

ok....thank you guys, but why nad 545 why not 565, and if i buy 545, would i see difference betwen marantz cd 6002....

...and please tell me anybody have experience with interconect for these system, i was look AQ columbia, now i have Vdh d 102 mk lll and i was put hium on closet because is toooo dark....

A

Anonymous

The NAD C545BEE is basically the C565BEE£ CDP but without the USB input etc...

Having demo'd both I'd go for thr C545BEE every day; it sounded better and it's hell of a lot cheaper as well!

With regards to interconnects; the likes of the Chord CrimsonPlus, CobraPlus and Black Rhodium Prelude interconnects would be fine; I've had all 3 and they're all very good indeed

A

Anonymous

hifilover1979 said:
The NAD C545BEE is basically the C565BEE£ CDP but without the USB input etc...

Having demo'd both I'd go for thr C545BEE every day; it sounded better and it's hell of a lot cheaper as well!

With regards to interconnects; the likes of the Chord CrimsonPlus, CobraPlus and Black Rhodium Prelude interconnects would be fine; I've had all 3 and they're all very good indeed

but i think the nad 565 bee player has got wolfson Dual Differential configuration.....

A

Anonymous

Believe me; the C565BEE isnt worth the money difference in comparison to the C545BEE

The C545BEE is REALLY that good a CD player!

Better still, but only just IMO, would be the Rega Apollo....

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Having heard both the 565 and 545 cdps with rx6s and 355bee. I went for the 545 because IMO it has better imaging and dynamics a much more enjoyable listen. The 565 was probably a little more detailed but lacked the excitement of the 545. The Apollo would also be a good choice, I now use my nad as transport into a rega dac and that made a huge diference for me. I can imagine the Apollo being a similar sound to the rega dac. Also I'm sure the Apollo would be starting to go cheap soon to make way for the new Apollo-r.

A

Anonymous

josh05 said:
Having heard both the 565 and 545 cdps with rx6s and 355bee. I went for the 545 because IMO it has better imaging and dynamics a much more enjoyable listen. The 565 was probably a little more detailed but lacked the excitement of the 545. The Apollo would also be a good choice, I now use my nad as transport into a rega dac and that made a huge diference for me. I can imagine the Apollo being a similar sound to the rega dac. Also I'm sure the Apollo would be starting to go cheap soon to make way for the new Apollo-r.

Hello...

ok, we eliminate CA, i do it half job, if i by Nad 545, what you think, did i feel the diference vs Marantz 6002, i have feeleing, from your words, that Nad 545 works one class better...and yes rega is a great player, but a little out of budget...

I see that you have MA speaker, wich is amp you got, do they work fine...

A

Anonymous

sorry, you got rega, i see now...and that cord interconect, please, tell me character his got

A

Anonymous

If you like your speakers and wish to upgrade, you should also try the Ikons. They are in a different league to the Concepts, and I preferred them over B&W 68x. Not heard the MA RX6 though, so can't comment.

josh05

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I couldnt tell you the diference between the 6002 an 545 cdps but i used too have the nad 355bee with my rx6s and the 545bee and it was a beautiful system the three components worked very well together IMO. Before my 545 cdp i had a marantz cd67 cdp and the diference from that to the 545 was huge imo imaging, dynamics and detail all became quite a bit better. In saying that though your marantz is much newer and would most likely sound completly diferent to mine.

The chord cobra ic are great imo going from a cheap set of tara labs ic, i got more detail and a more open sound, with better organisation. Also being copper they help to avoid a bright sound.

A

Anonymous

ok...i buy CA 650c, it's......great, big risk but in the end good match......

bas is still strong but definited, stage is big but warm whit more air beetwen instruments, vocal is more natural, all in all in the first tuch i very satisfied....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts