cd player jumping tracks and sticking

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, after a bit of advice. i have just acquired a myryad mc100 cd player. when i switched it on it blew a fuse, replaced thatand switched on again. began to play a cd and the player started to play like the cd was jumping or sticking. i must add the cd player has not been used for a good couple of years,set up in a conservatory, just wondering if this might affect it ,or maybe the components are just on their way out the player is about 12 years old not had that much use in that time .

A

Anonymous

cheers , will do . been reading forums and some people with similar probs say the grease on the drive dries up ?

A

Anonymous

forgot to add it seems to stick and jump about the same place on several cds wether cdrs or originals

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Harry, the reason it's probably sticking is that the lubrication has dried up on the laser carriage travel (depending on the type, and probably because it hasn't been used for so long). No way to be sure it's not the optics without looking at it, but more often than not it's a lack of grease oiling the mechanics. Don't know why people keep blaming the optics around here,, because they are not often at fault?

Get a technician to take a look at it (if you don't feel competent yourself). The work shouldn't really amount to more than £50.

A

Anonymous

cheers mr morph, i am just out now to buy a lens cleaner to try. never really had any probs with cd players before, my regular cdp is a marantz cd 63 ki sig . never let me down. the wife traeted me to a arcam rdac for xmas but it kept losing the sound through cdp and would not connect to my laptop so my mate lent me his myryad to try . he never uses it so he said i could keep it dont really want to tell him it might be broke.,but it had the same prob with the rdac before the fuse blew. thanks for the advice looking on the internet plenty of well educated people who seem really helpfull.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, tell your friend it's his fault for not using it!!! The player must be used as the action of the movement lubricates the mechanism. If it's not used the whole thing starts to seize up, so it's his fault and not yours!

A

Anonymous

like i said never had a prob with mine , always used. my wife bought me the rdac as a xmas prezzie, i was thinking about upgrading the cdp and read about the rdac as a poss upgrade path. i did notice a difference in the sound but it became very erratic. still thinkin g about a cdp upgrade but when you read forums { take over your life } you realise that theplayer is still a good one and you would have to go up a few pounds in price to notice a better sound .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts