CD Player for Rega set up

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
I am considering a dedicated cd player to replace a Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

I know the obvious choice would be Rega, probably the new Apollo, but

are there any other players which would complement the Brio-r?

Budget is around £700. Music taste from opera to Metallica via blues.

I have briefly heard a Cyrus (CD6 Ithink) and it sounded ok, but would

appreciate any other insights you may have.

matthewpiano

Personally I would say the Apollo is the best option for your system. The synergy is particularly strong in an all Rega system and I think you'd find it hard to get a better result for your money.

matthewpiano

Personally I would say the Apollo is the best option for your system. The synergy is particularly strong in an all Rega system and I think you'd find it hard to get a better result for your money.

peter312

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I would agree - IMO a Rega CD Player would be your best option.

smiley-cool.gif

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I completely agree with the other posts about the Apollo-r, but as an alternative you might like to consider a second hand Saturn, they should be within your budget - providing you can find one that is :?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Totally irrelevant but Im using a Marantz CD6004 with my Brio R, I have heard the Rega DAC through my CD6004 and it sounded pretty good, so that's my next purchase i think as I don't think I will buy another cd player again......just a thought have you considered a DAC?

A

Anonymous

IMO you will get better results using the Rega Dac and buying a cheap transport, stunning results and you have the choice of adding a pc/tv/blu-ray etc... :)

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I was leaning towards the Apollo but had not considered the dac

option. I will have to arrange a good listening session and directly compare the two.

The dac may also enhance my grandiose ideas of streaming as well.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Oldenbroke,

This is my sentiment, I found the rega DAC improved my marantz CD6004 so much that I'm going to buy one, I wanted to get into streaming from my Mac too with lossless so in effect this will kill 2 birds with one stone ie ability to stream/upgrade to my current CDP.

I also have the Rega Brio R amp, really blowing me away at the minute! I also use it for my fronts on my av set up too by using the front pre outs on my Yamaha amp!

Ive heard that rega DAC with the Apollo cd player takes things to an incredible level, however when I heard the DAC through my Marantz CD6004 it's made me want one!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts