CD player advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A year ago I bought a vita audio iPod dock with dab for the living room. I chose the one without a cd player because (1) price (2) the dock without cd is smaller and fits the space better. Anyway a year on and I am listening to CDs off a worn out Panasonic portable cd Walkman type player plugged into the front of the vita. I would like a decent quality cd player that would compliment the vita connected via the rear aux in. The vita could sit on top or I could put it on the shelf below but I am looking for something unobtrusive but which would give a quality compatible with the vita. Advice welcome....

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
BJ R said:
A year ago I bought a vita audio iPod dock with dab for the living room. I chose the one without a cd player because (1) price (2) the dock without cd is smaller and fits the space better. Anyway a year on and I am listening to CDs off a worn out Panasonic portable cd Walkman type player plugged into the front of the vita. I would like a decent quality cd player that would compliment the vita connected via the rear aux in. The vita could sit on top or I could put it on the shelf below but I am looking for something unobtrusive but which would give a quality compatible with the vita. Advice welcome....

Rip your CDs using a PC to MP3s (or similar) then put the music onto an iPod classic (£160) and plug that into your Vita dock.

An iPod Classic can hold loads of music and this would be a much neater solution than buying yet another large box that you have little space for

Like so ... but maybe not in pink ;-)

vita_audio_r2i.jpg

A

Anonymous

This is going to sound weird but I have a couple of iPods chock full of tunes which I normally put through the dock, but I have had a bit of a proustian rush lately just enjoying taking a single cd out it's box and playing all the way through. No shuffle, cd box and book in hand just like the old days! I had a brainwave after posting this. I have a twenty year old five disc cd player, part of a Sony hifi system which is sat in a spare room waiting for the knackers yard. I have just recycled and set up the cd so am now a happy bunny. Sill fancy a newer one though but wondering if there is any point quality wise as I am running it through the Vita so I guess any quality gain of cd over mp3 (or AAC in my case) would not be noticeable?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Glad you've sorted your CD problem out. I'm not sure it's worth spening big bucks on a new or used CD player if your plan is to play through the Vita as that will ultimately limit the sound quality.

PS You could still play a whole CDs worth of music through your iPod and flick through the CD sleeve notes as well as you are playing your pretend CD ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Boss. Don't know why but I have just got fed up with the iPod. Maybe just a change as good as a rest type of thing, it will probably wear off next week so you are dead right, keep my money in the wallet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts