CD playback...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Moonfanatic

Mar 25, 2022
Visit site
Above?

Most would struggle hear any difference between a lossy file and 16/44...
It really does depend on your equipment. With a very high quality DAC, you can tell the difference. One of the most astonishing examples I heard was when I played Fleetwood Mac Rumours at 96k. It literally sounded like a different album, as if a veil had been lifted and given the resolution, be close to the original master tape.

nads

Mmmm remember when we got into ”hi Res” video? The change from DVD to HD DVD/BU RAY their resolution was still regarded as being less than the old “analogue film.

is it the same with audio analogue still has The greater resolution?

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have recently returned to CD listening - bought a (very) reasonably priced transport (Audiolab) which feeds a Linn dac/preamp. The sound is superb. Enough for me to dig out a few boxes of my favourite CDs and listen to them in their entirety (not as individual tracks as I tend to with streaming).
The sound is detailed, layered and has no sign of a digital ‘edge’ - it is very engaging. Mind, it’s helped greatly by my present system, which is by far the best that I’ve ever owned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts