CD Cleaning/Repair

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is a bit off topic but i wanted to get the biggest response,

Im clumsy with my cd's and im the one that takes music and cd's to festivels and a few of them aren't in the best condition. Is there any product on the market that anyone can recomend to fix this? Are some better than others or are there reasons why you shouldn't use them?

Thanks!!

A

Anonymous

Clean the with lukewarm water and a bit of washing up liquid. If they still dont play after that get the Brasso out and start polishing.

A

Anonymous

cheers, will that work for scratches?? what about those things that you can buy,, does anyone know?

A

Anonymous

Before you try any polish, you could make a very accurate backup with Eac- Exact audio copy. It reads and copies the scratchiest cds I've ever seen.
emotion-2.gif
Only deep scratches can make -some part of- the datastream unreadable.

A

Anonymous

On a similar vein, I take backup copies of any children's DVDs or CDs we buy as the kids (being 2 and 4) have no conception whatsoever of taking care of the things. They get to use the "backup" in it's proper box, and the original is on a top shelf way out of reach in a clear CD sleeve.

A

Anonymous

well im 27 and my mum would also say i have no conception whatsoever of taking care of things!! sounds good and ill check out that program that looks through the scratches, but i'd like to sort the cd's iv'e got so i guess i'll just try out a machine thing and hope for the best, they cost between 5-10 buck i think on ebay,,,

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
My Ikemi doesn't seem to like scratched discs at all, personally I use a "SkipDr" seems to work on all but the very deepest scratches.

A

Anonymous

imo the machines are a waste of money. Use soapy water and run under a tap. Dry by flicking most of the water off in the air then use a soft tissue very gently to soak up the remaining water.

For scratches use a metal polish like Brasso and rub the CD quite hard with it to give it a good polish. It wont make the CD look perfect but if it was skipping and jumping it will improve things.

TRENDING THREADS