CD/Amp Combination for B&W 603s3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to add a stereo amp and cd player to my existing surround sound set up which has B&W 603s3 fronts. I have manged to demo the Exposure 2010s amp/cd combo with the B&W 603s and loved the sound - great stereo imaging and separation of voices and instruments which is something I am looking for. Bass was also very tight and controlled and the overall sound very engaging. All in all a big improvement on my Denon 3805/3910 which I am currently using for music as well as movies. The main alternative to the Exposures I am considering is ghe Cyrus CD6s/8vs. The problem is I have not been able to demo this with 603s (the dealer here in Singapore only had 704s). Has anybody got any experience of how the Cyrus duo match with the 603s and how it might compare with the Exposure? (The costs of the Cyrus and Exposure combinations here in Singapore is about the same even though in the UK the Cyrus would be at least GBP250 more)).

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Think you already answered your own question with that last sentence. Since the Cyrus is much better value, I would go for that. I had the 601S3 before and found that speaker to be a little on the bright side, and my experience with the 2010 (but not the 2010s) is that it is also bright sounding. I'm a bit anti 2010 because it's appearance looks unchanged from like 6 or 7 years ago, even though we know that there was an upgrade along the way with the "s" version.

Since my search for a CD player recently ended with me going for the CD6s, I can savely say that it's a great little thing and you shouldn't be disappointed with it.

Have not been auditioning amps recently so I'm not too sure about that, but I guess the 8VS2 would be a good match. Alternatively if your budget can stretch to the Primare I30, that's rather nice too.

TRENDING THREADS