cartridge for a rega planner 3 with rega rb300

stiffbuy1

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
hi i am looking for a cartridge for my rega planner 3 with a rb300 arm the turntable dates from the early 90's

i want a cartridge thats easy to mount and as replacement stylus for it i can go up to £100 for it

my recored collection is mainly classic rock some folk jazz from 1917 to 1960,s

thank you anthony

A

Anonymous

I'd look at the Grado Prestige range of cartridges. They go well with the Rega arm and suit your music tastes pretty well.

You might like to look out for the Goldring 2100. Should do very nicely at around £100, and the mounting holes are threaded so a lot less hassle actually getting it mounted in the arm. You will obviously have to do some tinkering with alignment protractors once it is mounted.

A

Anonymous

They aren't, necessarily. The database concerned is split 50/50. My experience says they don't.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
mine did, so half do half dont, they are known to hum, maybe the newer rega's with the updated motor have better shielding but the older models are known to hum.

A

Anonymous

I don't mean to be picky, but on how many decks have you tried it? Mine's been on 3, including a P2, without a skerrick of noise, so I'm inclined to think the hum issue may not be as bad as some would make out.

For example, when I had the Grado on the Technics there was a hum, but it was fixed within seconds by moving the phono stage a couple of inches further away - nothing to do with hum from the motor.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i had a grado on an lp12, no problems, had a technics too no problems, it just seems to be on older rega's, this is based on lots of peoples experience and is well known. like i said grados are good but on some of the older rega's they hum, maybe 50% dont but if 50% do thats not good listening.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Back on Topic.....

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I believe the Goldring 2100 is rather good.

I'm looking at that at the moment to replace my Elys 2 cartridge.

dx052

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Goldring 2100 on the same deck. My range of music is quiet extreme to say the least! & the cart seems to work with everything I throw at it, not literally! Its easy to mount, no Hum & money well spent. I could have gone with the usual suspects but I am glad I never.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts