Car Music Receiver Dongles

Witterings

Thinking about buying one of those dongles you power from the car's cigarette lighter socket, it receives music from your phone I'm guessing via bluetooth unless there are any WiFi based ones (which may give better quality??? ).

Has anyone got one / used one and can make any recommendations and are some better quality than others or is the limiting factor going to be you tune the radio to the frequency the dongle transmits at so will always be limited to FM reception quality?

A totally new area to me so if anyone has any experience they can share would be appreciated.

Witterings

Bought a cheap one of Ebay. Blue tooth or wired. There are much better solutions. But it gives me 6Music to and from work.

Cheers for that, I was looking at this as I'd lost the unlock code to my current stereo with CD player and thought it was going to cost me a fortune to get it working. I have a decent radio / amp in the loft that doesn't have a CD player and this was going to be my alternative combined with one of these.
That said having got my current one working I like the idea of having the music on my phone available and also being able to insert a SD card with the music I've ripped from CD's on it.

Does anyone happen to know if any of the Bluetooth to FM transmitters have a display that would show a music library similar to how a mobile phone does in a media app listing artists / songs etc.? so you can scroll through and pick what you want, most of them just seem to have a skip track or previous track so you've no idea what's coming up next / can't select songs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts