Car boot bargains.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
the_lhc:Yeah I can get (internet radio) through the Sonos, trouble is there's so much of it! And half the names only tell you where they're from, rather than what they're actually playing.
Try 22tracks.com

As the name suggests, it's small yet concise and updated very slowly, but there's some great tunes on there.

the_lhc:I know there MUST be stuff out there I like, I've found it before on at least two occasions but where do you start?
Try this

(Click the head to go through, then top right)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:shooter69:I must say leaving the latest Hot Chip LP in its rapper and not having the enthusiasm to listen to it may mean it's really not your thing.
Well, I bought it because I heard One Life Stand and enjoyed it, so I thought I'd check it out (it was only £7.99 in HMV, so seemed worth a punt).

If it's as good as the first album then you'll be in for a treat.

Ah, good, well that's encouraging, perhaps I'll put it in the car and listen to it tomorrow. Actually thinking about it it's in the door of the car now, I put it in to listen to when we drove down to Cornwall last week and never got round to it

Listened to this (Hot Chip - One Life Stand) on the way home in the car last night. It's half of a very good album, mostly the first 5 tracks or so I'd say, seems to lose its way a little towards the end but there are several good tracks on there. Must admit his voice gets a bit much after a while though. It'll lend itself well to the "shuffle everything" on the Sonos but I'm not sure I'd want to listen to it all the way through again.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Must admit his voice gets a bit much after a while though.

From what i've heard of the new stuff his voice has changed from other album's and not for the better, maybe its a recording issue.

At least you enjoyed some of it and wasn't a total disaster!

Maybe with your new Spotify invite you can check out there second album The Warning which i have and like a lot, shame the better half doesn't. Oh well each to there own...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
shooter69:the_lhc:Must admit his voice gets a bit much after a while though.

From what i've heard of the new stuff his voice has changed from other album's and not for the better, maybe its a recording issue.

Ah, that's interesting, perhaps I'll investigate, HMV had another of their albums when I was in there I think.

At least you enjoyed some of it and wasn't a total disaster!Maybe with your new Spotify invite you can check out there second album The Warning which i have and like a lot, shame the better half doesn't. Oh well each to there own...

Yes, no sign of that invite yet...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts