canterbury tannoy speaker

Tannoyspeakers

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me, we have what we believe to be a tannoy canterbury corner speaker from the 60's. Does anyone have any idea how much it would be worth? We also have a pair of floorstanding tannoy arundel speakers, would it be fair to say they could be worth about 1,000? These belonged to my late grandfather. Any elpwould be much apreciated.

Thanks

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
You lucky thing!

There is a good market for Tannoy's large, older models.

You're not in Westminster Royal territory, I'm afraid (£10k upwards for a good pair) but I could see these making a good few hundred quid a pair.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but you have a reasonable little savings scheme there, IMHO...

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
To get a real idea of what they are worth you need to be pretty specific about what you have.

You need to open them up and find out what drive units you have, Tannoy had a tendency to name cabinets rather than 'complete' speakers, so there may have been a choice of drivers for those enclosures so a lot would depend on what is actually inside.

Similarly the enclosures themselves may be factory originals of custom made 'copies', if you want to maximise your return you need to know exactly what you have on your hands.

Tannoyspeakers

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! We have opened them up but to be honest we dont know what we are looking for :/ would a serial number be useful? Would it actually say 'canterbury' somewhere on the enclosure? As we cant find anywhere where it actually says that. What we thought were arundels have turned out to be something different which we discovered when opening. It's just the corner one now that we need to know more about.

TRENDING THREADS