Can you suggest a CD player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys

I am new here so sorry if ive done anything wrong :)

Just wondering if you guys could help my mum currently owns a basic system and i am looking to buy her another piece of kit for christmas.

She currently has a

Arcam A18 Amp

Acoustic Energy Aelite 3 speakers

She uses a hp media laptop for cd's and mp3

I was thinking i would like to buy here a cd player for christmas just wondering if you guys had any sugestions for one which is god quality and will preform well. preferably with a lowish price around £250 or lower

Thanks in advance

Regards Ryan

Ps: was possibly thinking of an Arcam rdock for her ipod

A

Anonymous

the marantz cd6003 is one worth checking out, it gets 5 stars here, actally its an award winner too, best cd player under £500, and has a usb input thats handy for playing back downloaded music, great sound too, id say you'd have to go slightly over budget though..

A

Anonymous

Hmm, God quality for £250.

Is there such a player ?
emotion-5.gif

It'd certainly get my interest

scene

plastic penguin:Luke Kenobi:

Is there such a player ?
emotion-5.gif

Definitely Arcam. Either CD73T or 82T. For around £300 you could probably pick-up a CD192.

+1 on any of those arcams

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:Luke Kenobi:

Is there such a player ?
emotion-5.gif

Definitely Arcam. Either CD73T or 82T. For around £300 you could probably pick-up a CD192.

God != Good

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Rob_manchester:God != Good

Are you turning into an evangelist?

Don't think an evangelist would be saying that! The devil, perhaps.

matthewpiano

Yep, Sizzers has a point, in which case I'd recommend the Cambridge Audio 650C (easily as good, if not better than, the Arcam CD73T) or the excellent (and slightly more affordable) Marantz CD6003. You won't go far wrong with either.

T

the record spot

Harman Kardon HD990 - normally £500, but available for £399 if you look round. Lovely sounding player, neither shrill nor warm, and will withstand an upgrade or two. Shares similar technology you'll find onboard the Cambridge 840C and it's a smart looking thing too. Heard it last summer and were I buying another player now, I'd have to think about shortlisting this one. It's a tad over your budget, but worth the little extra. See also the Marantz SA7003, which is available on ex-dem in a few places now too. Also offers SACD should that ever be a requirement.

A

Anonymous

Sizzers:Perhaps he doesn't want to buy his mum a second hand Christmas present.thats what i thought, i also assumed the cdp having a usb input would be useful as his mum listens to some downloaded music..

A

Anonymous

Hey guys

Thanks have learned allot will definitely look into those selections.

Also forgot to mention are those CD players well suited for those speakers they seem to be very good acoustically (probably in the name lol) but not so good with base. Which CD player will compliment this.

I am looking to go to the local dealer tomorrow to see what they think been very good in the past.

Cheers guys

PS: Sorry for the low budget i am only 17 and want to get her something really nice :)

T

the record spot

The Harman Kardon player I recommended is fine across the bass, midrange and treble. I found it a very easy listen I have to say. If the £399 is too much of a stretch, seek out the 990s little brother, the HD980. I'd imagine it has a similar sound to the bigger player. I think I've seen it for about £249 or thereabouts. Shop around though and see what you can get (this applies to all of them of course.

Good on you though Ryan; you're a good lad. I'm sure your mum will love whatever you buy her.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a low budget; I'm 52 and mine's STILL low!

Well if TRS is persuading you to up your budget, then perhaps have a look at this as well.

A

Anonymous

Ryan - how about listening to the NAD C515BEE which will come well within your price range? Excellent sounding budget player.

Nick

A

Anonymous

I spotted a couple of demo NAD 515BEE on eBay for £145.00

Was my first cd player and sounded great with my arcam A70

Welcome to the forum btw and of course Merry Christmas

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for the replies

I had a look around at the suggestions im torn between a few players

Marantz CD 5003

Marantz CD 6003

Harman Kardon HD980

Yamaha CD-s3000 CD player (not seen any review on this)Also seems to like being paired with the matching Amp

Just want something which is going to get the best out of this system

Arcam A18

Acoustic Energy Aelite3

Cheers Guys

Regards Ryan

A

Anonymous

Hey guys

Any ideas looking to purchase one of these Sunday /Monday

Also do you guys have any views of the Merlin Mozart interconnects to go with one of these.

Cheers in advance

Regards Ryan

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
ryan4227:

Also do you guys have any views of the Merlin Mozart interconnects to go with one of these.

I use Merlin Bach with NAD C545BEE into Rotel amp and it sings!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
ryan4227:
Thank you very much for the replies

I had a look around at the suggestions im torn between a few players

Marantz CD 5003

Marantz CD 6003

Harman Kardon HD980

Yamaha CD-s3000 CD player (not seen any review on this)Also seems to like being paired with the matching Amp

Just want something which is going to get the best out of this system

Arcam A18

Acoustic Energy Aelite3

Cheers Guys

Regards Ryan

I've just picked up a new Marantz CD5003 off Ebay for £92.00 which is
a pretty good deal. It sounds really good with my Marantz PM7001 though
obviously at the low end of the spectrum. At that price you can't
really go wrong, but I don't think you'll find another at that price. I
was really surprised that I won it to be honest, but reckon I got a
bargain.

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys
I think I'm going with the cd 6003 seems to be great player as people have mentioned.
One last thing I've now been looking at cables and just wondering if you could suggest a good interconnect for £50 or under which will help her get the most out if this new player.
Cheers in advance
Regards Ryan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts