• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Can you still play hidden tracks if the tonearm is fully automatic?

Frosty125

Aug 13, 2020
Hello, I've read some reviews on players with automatic tone arms that don't play hidden songs at the end of a piece of vinyl. Some of my records have hidden tracks where there can be a large gap at the end of an album till the hidden song. I've never owned a player with a fully automatic tone arm and was looking at the Sony PS-LX310BT. Can you set the arm manually to play them?

DCarmi

Nov 15, 2019
I think you are talking about the run-off groove. Some albums will record short messages and or repeat notes in there e.g. Peter Gabriel 2 (Scratch).

Check the manual which will be available on-line. Is it possible and is it worth worrying about? Doubt it in most cases!

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
It's just possible that Sony might have an internal adjustment by which the lift point could be delayed - even that might not be enough though.
Seems a manual deck is by far your best option.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts