Can you recomend a home cinema system? Please help.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am about to buy a new LCD and am opting for a Samsung 37" (LE-37M87BD). I also wish to buy a home cinema system but don't know to much about this stuff and don't want to be sold something thats not really worth the money.

So, I am after a home cinema system (DVD player c/w surrond sound) but I have limited space and really can only go for a 2 speaker system with small speakers (sitting on TV unit not floor with tall stand) and small sub box. Something like the Denon S-102 system is what I like (needs to be black also). I am not overlay bother about HD quality from the DVD player as I have a PS3 but do want a good quality picture.

Budget is max £600-700.

Really hope you can help as I don't know much when it comes to this and have not seen a recent magazine feature for this type of system.

Regards

Steven Burnett

A

Anonymous

Sony DAV-IS10 is the answer, 5.1 I know but will the size of the speakers, they practically hide themselves. The cheapest I've found is available for £374.00 so well within your budget as well.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="stefanr"]Sony DAV-IS10 is the answer, 5.1 I know but will the size of the speakers, they practically hide themselves. The cheapest I've found is available for £374.00 so well within your budget as well.[/quote]

I wouldn't recommend this set to anyone, I think it sounds pittiful even though WH gave it a five star review. Sure the speakers are nice and small and the unit looks stylish, but just about every sound it produces it produces through the subwoofer. Not recommended.

The Denon S-102 on the other hand, it's a very nice piece of kit. I'm not a fan of the 302 because it looks a bit cheapish made but the 102 on the other hand does feel like a classy piece of kit oddly enough. It sounds pretty swell too.

Here are two other suggestions from my side: the Onkyo VLS-501, niece piece of kit, lots of connections and it sounds very good for the money.

The Samsung X-200, looks wise it would complement your tv very nicely, and it sounds pretty decent. It sounds a bit dark to me and lacks some timing, but for the money (it doesn't cost alot, about 500 euros) it sounds pretty good.

A

Anonymous

Okay, go with any of the recommendations above, don't know about any of them to be honest, just thought the IS10 looked nice for your particular purpose.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys.

I can't go for a 5.1 as I can't have speakers behind me. Just two either side of the TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts