can the monitor bx2 be mounted on...

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm sure someone will disagree with me but I would have to say no, look for something with slightly bigger top plates... a little overhang is desirable but you would have so much they probably wouldn't be that stable. The atacama website isn't exactly clear on the standard top plate depth spec for nexus but it looks like 145mm width x 200mm depth(?) - the BX2's are 190 x 260 giving 2.25cm each side and 3cm front and back of overhang.

Aesthetically I don't like the look of speakers that are "perched" atop tiny baseplates, then again it looks naff when the baseplate is bigger than the speaker footprint, guess it's all down to preference when it comes to how it looks.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think they will be fine on the nexus 6. I have some large Pioneers on my Soundstyle Z2's and they sound great! Just make sure you add some atabites or similar (dry sand) inside bags. This will just help prevent them getting knocked over and sound better too. Try half - 3/4 filled first. You can always get some Partington Broadsides!

A

Anonymous

Blackdawn:I think they will be fine on the nexus 6. I have some large Pioneers on my Soundstyle Z2's and they sound great! Just make sure you add some atabites or similar (dry sand) inside bags. This will just help prevent them getting knocked over and sound better too. Try half - 3/4 filled first. You can always get some Partington Broadsides!

hey dude,

sorry to go a little off track but how do you find the Klipsh 81's.......do you share them with the Dali's.

Dave

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi, yeah I like both the Dali Lektor's and the Klipsch speakers and swap them around every so often. I don't find the RB81's as bass heavy as I previously thought I would. Anyway, I reckon the RB81's would potentially sound better if I had better electronics as I'm only using budget stuff at the moment. I'd like the hear the RB81's with much better cd and amp to see the difference. The reason I got them is that they were cheap on Amazon and I wanted to find a modern large speaker with an 8 inch driver and horn loaded tweeter and front relex port.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Try Apollo's AZ stands. They're a single large square column, all welded into one piece (not flat packed) for rigidity, and ready sand filled for better stability. They usually come with a large top plate on the shorter stands, and larger ones come with a smaller top plate, but Apollo will supply taller ones with the larger top plate if requested.

TRENDING THREADS