Can someone recommend me an HDMI cable about 1.5m?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Main links between HTPC, Blu-Ray, Amazon Fire box, recevier and then to the TV are all Audioquest Chocolate. Expensive but worth it IMHO (and here beginneth the next round of the "Never Ending Argument" about the pros and cons of expensive vs. not expensive HDMI cables, speaker cables, stereo interocnnects, digital interconnects, whether you should put the milk in before the tea or vice versa....), but for the links between all of the sources and the TV directly (bypassing the receiver) I'm using IBRA Luxury Gold, which are available on Amazon.co.uk for eight quid for a 1.5 metre length. Nicely constructed, robust end connectors (always my concern with "not expensive" cables) and the come with a robust, very robust braided nylon or poly-something-anyway sheath. Quite stiff too, which should help stop the cable kinking.

D

Deleted member 2457

Benedict_Arnold said:
Main links between HTPC, Blu-Ray, Amazon Fire box, recevier and then to the TV are all Audioquest Chocolate. Expensive but worth it IMHO (and here beginneth the next round of the "Never Ending Argument" about the pros and cons of expensive vs. not expensive HDMI cables, speaker cables, stereo interocnnects, digital interconnects, whether you should put the milk in before the tea or vice versa....), but for the links between all of the sources and the TV directly (bypassing the receiver) I'm using IBRA Luxury Gold, which are available on Amazon.co.uk for eight quid for a 1.5 metre length. Nicely constructed, robust end connectors (always my concern with "not expensive" cables) and the come with a robust, very robust braided nylon or poly-something-anyway sheath. Quite stiff too, which should help stop the cable kinking.
*good*

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Paul.

4096x2160 is 4K, a cinema aspect ratio resolution. 3840x2160 is UHD, a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution. So many people called UHD incorrectly as 4K it eventually also got called 4K. UHD TVs don't have over four thousand pixels horizontal resolution so to the pedant they are not 4K.

2160p can refer to either 4K or UHD (or confusingly UHD 4K as everything is now called)

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
4096x2160 is 4K, a cinema aspect ratio resolution. 3840x2160 is UHD, a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution. So many people called UHD incorrectly as 4K it eventually also got called 4K. UHD TVs don't have over four thousand pixels horizontal resolution so to the pedant they are not 4K.

2160p can refer to either 4K or UHD (or confusingly UHD 4K as everything is now called)
*good*

D

Deleted member 2457

Benedict_Arnold said:
Bottom line is if it's says UHD, 4K or any combination of the two, it'll handle 1080p and lower resolutions as well as 4K.
Cheers!

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Paul. said:

Cool, cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts