Can somebody recommend my first 4K disc.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a Xbox One S this week to go with my Panasonic 58DX902.

My internet speed is only 10 mb or so, so streaming isn't on yet.

I wont get loads of discs as most of my film viewing is on my pj which is HD BUT it would be good to see what 4K is capable of.

So, just one disc to kick off with. The priority is that's it's a good film, I don't mind waiting if there's something good coming up.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Pan is a no no..

You want the best picture quality for testing out 4k i assume?

If so..

The revenant, sicario and deadpool are good. Martian decent for a 2k upscale. But not purchasable unless from third parties (until october)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The first half of Lucy is great but .............., I've just watched Revenant and already have Deadpool.

Ill have a look out for Sicario. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got to say tho that they look no different to Blu Ray tho.

zoz1234

May 28, 2015
Visit site
gel said:

I thought this when i recently watched Martian on sky cinema. But then i just put that down to sky......

Am i right in thinking you have the Panasonic UB900? I was wondering if there's an easy remote hack to make the dvd multi region on it?

zoz1234 said:
gel said:

I thought this when i recently watched Martian on sky cinema. But then i just put that down to sky......

Am i right in thinking you have the Panasonic UB900? I was wondering if there's an easy remote hack to make the dvd multi region on it?
Check this:

http://www.regionfreedom.com/index.php/enhanced-firmware/panasonic-blu-ray-players/44-dmp-ub900/74-dmp-ub900-enhanced-firmware-1-03a-for-selected-models-eb-eg-gn-pc#rccombined

I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen a proper 4K disc. Between Amazon Prime 4K and 1080p, it is difficult to perceive a difference on a 65-inch screen at 8 feet distance. I'm sure the story will be different with an uncompressed 4K disc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts