Can somebody explain KODI please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've seen adverts on a well known auction site selling KODI boxes and other devices that appear to allow you to stream all of the cable & satelite channels, inc Movies, Sport, Box Sets etc, free of charge.

Do these things actually work and if they do are they legal?

Are there any catches, if not should I buy one and cancel my Virgin TV?

daveh75

Kodi is just an Open Source Media Center/HTPC S/W project, that's highly extensible through add-ons. And it's awesome BTW.

But please, please don't buy a 'Kodi Box' claiming to stream all the things from eBay!

They're nothing to do with Kodi, but boxes pre-configured with third party add-ons that use 'questionable' sources by unscrupulous individuals abusing the Kodi name and are threatening the future of the project...

https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-and-youtube-promoters-are-killing-kodi/

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
That clears up the Ebay examples.

So what exactly do the "legitimate" versions do and how do they compare to, for example, FireTV stick or NowTV boxes?

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit late to this. I'm also a Virgin Media subscriber but after 5 cost rises in a year I managed to get them to take £20pm off my bill for a new 12 month contract. That's up and I've had two £4 rises, so a bit fed up and had a Kodi stick recommended to me. The question is, what do I plug it into? Someone said the TV, someone else my Arcam AV amp. Which? If it's the TV, how do I get the audio back to my AV?

Thanks

Keith

D

Deleted member 188533

This thread is 4 years old so hopefully the OP already figured it out. :p

Reactions: GarbageGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts