Can Oppo 105 play stuff like Dark Side of the Moon nonstop?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Chaloff

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Oh thats nice to hear.. would be looking into it soon enough... So I was right all alone..

Seems you were right, NB! I think we will all appreciate if you can check how well it works on your 105 (having in mind that the firmware is a beta version) and share with us.

Thanks,

Andrew

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Chaloff said:
Native_bon said:
Oh thats nice to hear.. would be looking into it soon enough... So I was right all alone..

Seems you were right, NB! I think we will all appreciate if you can check how well it works on your 105 (having in mind that the firmware is a beta version) and share with us.

Thanks,

Andrew

I will do.. I will check first if this voids my warranty first. ALso i have yet to put together a streaming setup. Am currently playing direct from a solid state drive into one of the oppo's usb inputs. I was curious about gapless just so in the future will be available to me. But as soon as i do will post my result .

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
NB just remember that your 105 wont find any fw updates...you have to upload it :O

I don't think it will affect any warrenty. :)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
GSB said:
NB just remember that your 105 wont find any fw updates...you have to upload it :O

I don't think it will affect any warrenty. :)

yes I know I have to upload it, thats why I was a bit worried. I have not got down to it yet.. When i do, I shall post my result here.

Thanx

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I have just download the file.. BDP10X.bin but windows does not reconizge it, neither would the oppo player... It just would not update. Cnt say I did not try.. For some reason after dwnloading the file, I am not getting the same image picture as the one displayed on the website. After dwnload I am getting a windows unreconizged file logo. I used a one gig USB thumb drive formatted in fat, yet the oppo player still would not update. I have also prompted the update via USB but still on sucess.

Is there something am doin wrong..? Any help pls.. Cheers.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/1728161-oppo-bdp-103-105-part-2-a-18.html

Try this forum,if you havn't already,it's a dedicated to the oppo 103/105.

Chaloff

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Chaloff said:
GSB said:
Me too...by the way are firmware updates sent regardless of what country one lives in?

The reason i ask is that oppo uk could not give a hint as to when/if new firmware would sort the problem :roll:

I asked them about it too.

New replies from OPPO. Again I am too slow to share...

First came when I forwarded GSB's questions about regions:

Andrew,

Depending on the player you may have to download the firmware designed for your region. You will want to go into Device Setup and Firmware Information and see what the model number of the player is. The player will either show BDP-10x (North America), BDP-10xEU (Europe), BDP-10xC (China) or BDP-10xAU (Australia).

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Service@oppodigital.com
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

Chaloff

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The second came after I requested clarification and in reply to my other questions: OPPO Digital Inc is only responsible for writing firmware and supporting the North American player. There are other divisions whom are responsible for the other divisions, such as OPPO-Bluray.co.uk (Europe) and OPPOShop.com.au (Australia).

For European players, you will need to contact OPPO-Bluray.co.uk as they are responsible for all sales, including distributing the player to resellers, in this region.

The player will be shipped DVD Region 1 and Blu-ray Region A locked if shipped direct form us and the warranty will technically be void when used internationally.

There are no hardware changes between the different regions, but the player is regionally locked per region.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Service@oppodigital.com
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you want a one box universal player you won't get better than this,i keep looking at internet but yet to find one:)

Chaloff

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
GSB said:
If you want a one box universal player you won't get better than this,i keep looking at internet but yet to find one:)

Frankly, all I need is hd media player capable to play hifi - with toroid and dedicated spdif out, no real need of cd drive. But even with these wishes and "keeping looking at internet" I can not find one except this :cry:

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered a dedicated music streamer?

Cno sings the praises of the Linn sneaky etc.http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/the-linn-ds-dsm-thread

Worth a look if you dont req a blue-ray player-which obviously the 105 is,plus the usability should be better on a dedicated streamer...as for the price i think they are a liitle more :)

Chaloff

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
GSB said:
Have you considered a dedicated music streamer?

Cno sings the praises of the Linn sneaky etc.http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/the-linn-ds-dsm-thread

Worth a look if you dont req a blue-ray player-which obviously the 105 is,plus the usability should be better on a dedicated streamer...as for the price i think they are a liitle more :)

I apologize for not telling the main thing for me - I need interface on TV screen. Music streamers request bowing on knees. Like CDPs. No way for me. If any of those are controlled by seeing on the screen - I would no doubt go for them. One more option that I can think of is the streamer with some app or android support from ipod or similar, but I doubt that any of them work steady.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts