Can in ceiling speakers ever compete with floorstanding?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can high quality in-ceiling speakers such as Speakercraft AIM or Paradigm Signature SIG-1.5R-30 give you the quality of sound of a good floorstander?

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Position wise I think I’d struggle to live with ceiling speakers for stereo regardless, in wall is a different matter. There should be too much of a reason why they can compete, that said the question is really do they exist? There are some larger in wall HT speakers but less aimed at the consumer Hi-Fi market. I think there is more choice of in-wall speakers that can realistically compete with good stand mounts, the PMC Wafer series come to min which are similar to the ‘I’ series. The transmission line is just configured a different route to accommodate the shape although I’m not sure how the baffle changes things. It should be noted though PMC haven’t update the tweeter used in the current version and I think is the same as ‘+’ series.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I love how some people just say no without ever having listened to the alternative. I recently replaced Monitor Audio Apex rear speakers for in wall speakers that fit flush to the wall. I was expecting a drop in quality but I had no choice. They are actually a decent improvement! Now this will mainly be because they are a bigger unit but I was still surprised. Floorstanders of good quality will be tough to beat and for equivalent cost it's doubtful. However, I'm sure there is an option out there.

A

Anonymous

it is in-ceiling I am looking at so are Speakercraft or Paradym?

A

Anonymous

Can anyone recommend a ceiling speaker expert who I can talk to and then maybe hear some options as there do not seem to be many places where they demo.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I have thought a few times that in-ceiling speakers can sound nice when visiting cafes. - There is more to music reproduction than just a perfect stereo image.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts