Can I Use Airport Express To Connect Linn Sneaky DS To My Network?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I've just bought a Linn Sneaky DS and I'm wondering what the best way to connect it to my home network would be.

My router is plugged in upstairs in the spare room with an Apple Time Capsule attached. My Sneaky is going to be downstairs in my living room, and I have a spare Apple Airport Express knocking around.

I'm wondering whether I can connect the Sneaky to my home network by simply plugging the ethernet cable from the Sneaky into my Airport Express? My dealer told me to get something called a dLAN 200 - you plug one part of it into the router and the other part into the mains and attach it to the Sneaky. He didn't know anything about the Airport Express, so does anybody know if the Airport Express will do the same job? I used to plug my B&W Zeppelin straight into the Airport express and stream my iTunes to it, so I'm hoping it'll also work with the Sneaky.

I'm finding all of this a little bit confusing as I'm not a massively technical person when it comes to wireless networks and any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks a lot

Sam

A

Anonymous

Hi Chebby,

Thanks for your response. Do you know if the Airport Express will do the job if I just plug the Sneaky into it? I've already got an Airport Express, so if I can avoid having to buy anything else that'd be cool!

A

Anonymous

Hi John, thanks a lot! That's exactly what I wanted to hear!! Just to confirm - I just need to reset the AE, plug it into the mains, plug my Sneaky into the AE via ethernet, and I'm ready to go?

Cheers

Sam

A

Anonymous

Excellent - thanks a lot. Can't wait to get it all up and running!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts