Can i connect 1 pair of speakers to 2 amps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have 1 pair of quad speakers but want to connect them to a av amp and also to a pioneer pdx-z9.

I will only be using one ampliflier at a time.

Also does anyone rate the Pioneer?

daveh75

If your A/V amp has front left+right pre-outs,then best/safest way to to it is as follows......

1) The front left and right preouts of your A/V amp go to a line-input on the stereo amp (aux for example).
2) Set the volume of the stereo amp to about half way(12 'o' clock )and run your speaker calibration routine on the receiver. Then always use this volume setting on the stereo amp whenever you watch AV - overall volume is handled by the receiver.
3) When watching AV, have both amps on and select the input that your sony is connected to on the stereo amp(aux for example).
4) When listening to music,only the stereo amp needs to be on, so you select the source thats required(cd,tuner for example)

Hope that helps

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Could you take a line out of one of the amps and connect it to a line in on the other? Speakers would then just be connected to the amp taking the line in. This would leave one power amp section redundant.

A preout og the AV amp into the pioneer would be most convenient.

A

Anonymous

Ok,

Thanks for the help-but here are my problems.

The pioneer is a reciever so has a SACD player,tuner and is also ipod ready as well(yet to purchase).

I have a spare connection under DBS,so thought maybe i could use that and connect interconeects from the pioneer to the denon.

Probably would be easier just to go and buy a CD player! haha!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No,you really need preouts from the AV amp, not just a line-out: the preouts are controlled by the AV amp's volume control, the line-outs are fixed level. With the line-outs you'd be juggling volume levels all the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts