Can anyone recommend a good scart splitter?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, sorry to get all 20th century with my first post but can anyone out there recommend a good quality scart splitter which will allow me to connect a DVD player and Sky+ to the sole RGB scart socket on my telly?

Thanks very much in advance for any responses I may receive!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Only thing I'd say on that one is it's a manual switcher i.e. if you want to watch another source, you have to get up and change it over. If you're lazy like me
emotion-21.gif
, you can try and find an automatic one like this which picks up if you switch on another source (DVD player for example) and automatically switches the connection to it. I know this is for 5 connections, but it's late and I can't be bothered to search around for a smaller one!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
Just about all of them work pretty well. This is probably as good as any.

Can you tell me please of automatic scart switchers that will allow me to have 2 Sony freeview boxes recording at the same time? I have read that when appliance is working it can block the others!

Many thanks for any info/websites or tips/help you can give me.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Assuming you are recording from the built-in tuner, scart switches shouldn't have any bearing on the recording ability of any Freeview PVR - the recording is done direct from the aerial input.

Is this what you need, or are you talking about archiving something from Sky etc. to a DVD-R / VCR?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have sky

My Sony PVR's are single tuner only and was wanting to know that if i split the aerial signal will i be able to record 2 programmes at the same time?

Van you recomend a GOOD auto scart switcher box please?

Many thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
s4wgb said:
My Sony PVR's are single tuner only and was wanting to know that if i split the aerial signal will i be able to record 2 programmes at the same time?

Yup, this should work just fine so long as by splitting the signal you don't weaken the signal sent to each tuner too much that it won't pickup the Freeview channels. I use a booster with 4 outputs (similar to this one) to minimise this, but I also get a good strong signal as I live quite close to the Crystal Palace transmitter.

s4wgb said:

Haven't used one for a very long time now, but this one looks fine to me. As I remember, you can get some which are not only auto switching but also have a remote control (like this one), but then they usually cost a bit more. Note that I've not really done any research on functionaility / price for these examples - Google is your friend here.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for your fast and specific help with the links.I will check them out.I have the input model of the aerial booster you sent link to,that will be ok?

Thank you

A

Anonymous

s4wgb said:
Thanks for the reply.

I do not have sky

Many thanks

I have just purchsed these items from Maplin foe delivery.Will let you know how i get with them and if its ok.Thank you

A

Anonymous

I am not sure if this will work.As it says it turns items on/off in order.I need one that will keeps 2 pvrs on at the same time and not switch between them.Can anyone recomend another unit please? Thank you

A

Anonymous

Just had an email from Maplin ref this item and they said NO it will not do what you ant it to! Great £15 down the drain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts