Cambridge CXA80 paired with what speakers?

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi All,

In the process of upgrading my speakers. Going from Dali Zensor 1s to... well that's the question. My budget is £700.

I have been looking at the Monitor Audio Silver 100s, but am open to trying other speakers also. I know auditioning is the best and probably only way to go when it comes to purchasing audio gear but with the current climate I am unable to go to a shop for an audition. Would anyone have any other suggestions in this price range?

They will be driven by the Cambridge Audio CXA80.

Thanks.

A lot is going to depend on the size / shape of your room and how far away from the rear wall you can place them etc., standmount or floorstanders might help as well.
It's a lot more about what might work well in your room rather than what they are being driven by.
Please come back with more information regarding this.

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The room is about 10 x 15 feet. I could get them 1.5 to 2 feet away from the rear wall.

I'm not opposed to floor standing speakers but I think the room may be a little small.

There are floorstanders designed especially for small rooms but these may be more than your budget.
Can we assume you have speaker stands?
If so I can recommend Amphion Helium 410 or 510, and if not B&W 606 with remainder of budget on decent stands.
Just noticed that the 510 seem to have shot up in price so unless ex-demo available they may be outside of your budget.....

Reactions: Aidan34

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Yes I have a set of stands. the Amphion Helium seem to be just outside the budget. Someone had mentioned the B&W 606s before. have you heard the anniversary 606's?

Dmode101

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi All,

In the process of upgrading my speakers. Going from Dali Zensor 1s to... well that's the question. My budget is £700.

I have been looking at the Monitor Audio Silver 100s, but am open to trying other speakers also. I know auditioning is the best and probably only way to go when it comes to purchasing audio gear but with the current climate I am unable to go to a shop for an audition. Would anyone have any other suggestions in this price range?

They will be driven by the Cambridge Audio CXA80.

Thanks.
I have the CXA81 so im guessing the sound will be pretty similar to yours.
My recommendation would be the Wharfedale eco 4.2 they're absolutely outstanding they match so well with cambridge audio amp
My room is about the same size as your room

There are quite a few reviews on these speakers including you tube video reviews .
Hope this helps

Dmode

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Cheers for the reply. I was interested in the Evo 4.2s great reviews but the sheer size of them, they may just be too big for the room. Also something for the cat to knock over.

Dmode101

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Cheers for the reply. I was interested in the Evo 4.2s great reviews but the sheer size of them, they may just be too big for the room. Also something for the cat to knock over.
I must admit i nearly didn't buy them because i was put of by there size but the reviews just got the better of me and went for it and you know what yeah they're big but they are not at all intrusive in fact i forget there there and not one complaint from the mrs (trust me that means a lot lol)
and they weigh a lot nearly 14kg each so ive no fear that our dog will knock them over and also because the bass port is at the bottom you can get away with them being about 10inches from a rear wall.

but for me its that amazing sound they produce it just blows me away even naff produced recordings sound bloody amazing

Reactions: Aidan34

Aidan34

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
There is the 4.1 I'll have to do some serious thinking around speakers now. You've all given me plenty to think about so thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts