Cambridge Azur 640c or Marantz CD5001

A

Anonymous

cambridge audio.easily.The cambridge is in the same bracket as the marantz 6002

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
i bought 640C V2, and planning for 540A V2 and avant 906i, many here in forum say that CA amp is of no good, both 540A and 640A, pls help me in deciding, will 540A V2 work good with 640C V2 ? thank u so much

A

Anonymous

the cambridge 640 amp is excellent. I demo'd several amps before buying it. I don't always put stock in reviews but you don't get awards and rave reviews from umpteen hi fi mags , here in the u.k , the U.S and europe by being duff, and that's exactly what the 640 got. Its a good amp for the money. The 540 is good too but try and find the extra £50 for the 640.

matthewpiano

I'd go for the Cambridge Audio CD player as well. The CD5001 is a cracking bargain and a decent entry-level player but the 640C is substantially better in terms of resolution, soundstaging and tonal accuracy if you can afford to pay the extra.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="nads"][quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]

I went for the 640C player which sounds good but I have noticed at lower volumes is quieter in the left hand speaker than the right. Is this normal?

[/quote]

Yes it is a problem. See http://whathifi.com/forums/t/6110.aspx[/quote]

Surely that thread concerns Cambridge Audio amps, not CD players.

nads

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="nads"][quote user="Hi Fi Decision"]

I went for the 640C player which sounds good but I have noticed at lower volumes is quieter in the left hand speaker than the right. Is this normal?

[/quote]

Yes it is a problem. See http://whathifi.com/forums/t/6110.aspx[/quote]

Surely that thread concerns Cambridge Audio amps, not CD players.
[/quote]

Oopps had just been reading that other thread an i suppose did not read this one fully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts