Cambridge Audio SX-50 VS Q Acoustic 2010i.

• Thread starter hybridauth_Facebook_10208113537216020
  • Start date
H

hybridauth_Facebook_10208113537216020

Hi everyone! Im putting together a decent sound system for a decent price, I've read the article about the Cambridge Audio SX-50 and in that article they say that the Acoustic 2020i is the better choice but is this also the case for the 2010i? I've also found the Energy V-Mini thats a little cheaper and with desent reviews. Can somebody help me out?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I can't speak for the q acoustics but I recently bought the Cambridge audio online. When they arrived they were smaller than I expected, when I play them they sounded better than I expected they would.

H

Thanks for your comment, are you still satisfied with those speakers? Its for my turn table and music in general. I want the best I can buy in my price range. (100 euro tops)

H

Oops! I mean 200 for the both of them. Most of the time the price is for one speaker so I was mistaken.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I thought 100 was a bit cheap alright. As I said earlier, I have no experience with the q acoustics so they could possibly blow these guys away (though I'd doubt they could be very noticeably better). It is also fairly normal for people to recommend what they have bought, assuming because it works well that others cant be as good,so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I needed a small set of speakers that were easy enough to power that were 8 ohms or higher, due my amp, and these always make me happy I bought them. Small, powerful, nice bass (but I had to fit the supplied bungs as I have them placed fairly close to a wall).

I play lots of different types of music and the Prodigy or Metallica sound as good to me as they can be considering the size. Tracy Chapman through to Leonard Cohen also sound great (to me). An all-rounder in the price range

gasolin

I have the Q Acoustics 2010i with a Nad c 717 which is a dvd reciver YES dvd (works fine) and audioquest flx slip 14/4

2x20/30watt in 6 ohm,makes them loud, more than most people need for tv which i use the speakers for, they are rated at 75/150watt, recommeded amp are up to 75 watt, i don't think they can handle 75 watt but 2x30 watt in 6 ohm (peak power) from my nad amp is fine

They have a clear and open sound (makes them very good for tv,voices), with a for there size very good bas, not midbass heavy to make you think they have alot of bass, the sound can feel a little bright, more do to the fact they sound open and clear, a big/wide sound enough to fill a medium sized room with loud music

I do have Dynaudios emit m10,still im very tempted to get a pair of of q acustics 3020 to see/hear if they sound better than my dynaudios and how much better they sound than the 2010i's, i really like the 2010i, a more livly,engaging way of playing music, not as mature and nice (mabye to nice) as my dynaudios.

They are fun speakers,looks great, are loud enough with the smallest nad amp and they are cheap (only in price), for half price less than 95£ a pair with delivery where i live, they are not just great value, they are fantastic value for money, if they where my only speaker i would be very happy, although i might paid a bit more to get the 2020i because of higher sensitivity and a bit more bass

Had i known that the 2010i sound so good i would have bought a pair of concept 20 or 3020 instead of my dynaudios

PS with the Allan taylor's Color to the moon (cd) his voice on track 8 (the same as the title of the cd) just sound s sooooo good and not at all midbass heavy like many small speakers tend to do, like the small genelec 8010

H

Thanks Muljao! I will definitely keep that one in mind! :)

H

Was that price really for a pair? Only one speaker costs me 90 euro here for the 2010i.

Thats realy cheap man! :)

I can get the 3010 as well, that costs me 109 euro for one speaker.

Im still looking for something a little bit cheaper, my original goal was around 300 euro for a amplifier plus speakers but thats a diffucult task to do so here in the Netherlands for something decent.

gasolin

Randy de Raadt said:
Was that price really for a pair? Only one speaker costs me 90 euro here for the 2010i.

Thats realy cheap man! :)

I can get the 3010 as well, that costs me 109 euro for one speaker.

Im still looking for something a little bit cheaper, my original goal was around 300 euro for a amplifier plus speakers but thats a diffucult task to do so here in the Netherlands for something decent.

100€ is about 745kr of my currency (Denmark) graphite is cheapest

Normal price good value for money,50% off = extreme good value for money, that's why i upgraded without having listen to the speakers

https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhifistore.dk%2Fq-acoustics-2000i-serie-74%2Fq-acoustic-2010i-p320&edit-text=&act=url

H

I've bought the Q Acoustics 3010 with a walnut finish together with the Denon PMA-520 amplifier. I have it on Friday if all goes well. :)

H

Thanks Muljao! I hope it is! :D

torikoos

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Randy de Raadt said:
I've bought the Q Acoustics 3010 with a walnut finish together with the Denon PMA-520 amplifier. I have it on Friday if all goes well. :)

The Denon PMA-520 is a great amplifier, good value for money. I've had the original version and it lasted over 28 years before it finally 'retired'... Here's an image of the first series: http://en.audiofanzine.com/hifi-amplifier/denon/PMA-520/medias/pictures/a.play,m.448956.html

The second version is a little rounder and the volume dail is now centrally placed. The newest version has a bit more power too, gone up from 2x 50W (mine) to 2x70W. I don't know however if they made more changes to the amplifier circuits which may mean it sounds different than the original. The old one was very nice and was a genuine class A on low volumes due to some clever trickery, turn up the volume would turn it into a class AB amp. Hope you enjoy it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts