Cambridge Audio, Marantz, NAD, BR5, 906i ?

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
1. Marantz PM4001 + Monitor Audio BR5 2. NAD 325BEE + Monitor Audio BR5 3. CA Azur 320ASE + Monitor Audio BR5 4. CA Azur 320ASE + Avant 906i I just can't audition the above set of combos anywhere in place where i live, India, except Azur + 906i. Please give your valuable comments for the above set of combinations. I need to purchase based on suggestions by HIFI greats like you guys.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We gave the Marantz PM4001 5 stars, NAD C325BEE 4 stars, haven't tested the Azur 320A SE but the 340A SE is a great starter amp (5 stars). I'd be tempted by the Marantz PM4001/MA BR5 combination.

matthewpiano

Be careful with the PM4001 with MA speakers. It might just suit your taste but I tried it with MA Bronze 2s and found it completely gutless. To my ears, the C325BEE is in a different league to the Marantz, though I'm starting to wonder whether the one I tried might have been faulty. This is the biggest difficulty you face - its all so personal and what one man loves another one dislikes.

A

Anonymous

the monitor audio BR5's can really rock and although they are floorstanders they have a good but not huge bass. The bass does have serious wallop though. In saying that the silver series S5's are only £50 more expensive and sound better.They are also a fairly compact floorstander giving good but not huge bass.They might be a little too good for the amps you are looking at though so maybe br5's might be a better bet

A

Anonymous

I would pair Marantz with MS and not MA.
Out of the ones you mention, I'd go for a NAD+MA combo.
Tell us ,how much are you looking to spend and where are you located. We may have some more appropriate advices.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I'm from a city called Chennai, India. Not a single dealer has this combo under one roof, sad part. I've auditioned Azur 320A SE with MS 906i, nice bass and overall good, but i want THE combo thats best from the ones i mentioned. My budget is 50k (IRS). hope that helps ranjeetrain.

A

Anonymous

In Chennai you can get NAD, Denon, Yamaha, Bryston among the better ones in your price band. For speakers you can get Wharfedale, KEF.
Speak to Syed from The Audio People . He is into professional installations and supplies equipments to is most demanding customers. If you tell him your range he will suggest you the combinations.
I would suggest go for a Denon stereo integrated amp and a pair of Klipsch floor standers. He sells both. You may also check if he also deals in NADs. Another combo I can recommend is - a NAD and a Monitor Audio (BR4).
You can also save a lot of money by buying a Marantz and Mordaunt Short combo. Ahitosh from the hometheaters sells some good mid-priced gear and I feel his prices are reasonable.
Let us know how you find them.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I had been to Audio People twice, liked BR5, audioned with Musical Fidelity, very detailed and clear vocals, but exceeds my budget. i audioned this CA with 906i, another dealer, it comes within my budget, but what do u guys think of MS Avant 906i speakers in general, it seems they go well with CA amps, true ?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vinod_david"]i audioned this CA with 906i, another dealer, it comes within my budget, but what do u guys think of MS Avant 906i speakers in general, it seems they go well with CA amps, true ?[/quote]

I wouldn't like them together. Both Ca and MS are pretty forward in presentation. You may end with a Sony kinda sound. But then again. Music is subjective. If you like the sound, go for it. Personally I would pair something else with a CA.
Did you audition Klipsch with CA? I think you will love the combo.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
There is only one dealer in chennai who has CA and he has only MS and Paradigm speakers. Audio People have Klipsch, but they dont have CA, they deal with Marantz, yamaha. am confused confused.

A

Anonymous

You could have listened to at least a Denon + Klipsch combo. Just to get a feel of the speakers. I have used Klipsch and loved it to pieces. It gave plenty for the money I spent on them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts