Cambridge Audio Lunar Grey finish love/hate?

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
To date I have only seen images of Cambridge Audio's latest CX series, but my initial impression of new Lunar Grey finish is yuk.

Previously the were two camps of audio purchasers who liked either black or silver finishes, but now this new finish seems to have thrown a spanner in works with what can only be described as a dull low rent look.

Wotcha fink chaps?

Leon Martin

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
I have to admit, it doesn’t look very inspiring from some of the images I’ve seen - mostly reviews etc. But in the metal it’s a much nicer finish than I expected and doesn’t look cheap at all. It’s a refreshing change from black or silver and appears much more modern. Whether that last aspect stands up to the test of time, well, we’ll have to see.
Either way, I have two of their units in Lunar Gray so obviously I like it.

Reactions: kramer2020

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
C Audio are making a huge mistake if they don't offer black and silver to enable punters to match existing components

When I looked at the RS website to see what it looked like I thought the same thing. Could be a big mistake only selling one colour. Maybe they're working on the theory that the grey is halfway between black and silver and will go with either?

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I had a black CXA 80. Loved it (was stupid enough to sold it.) Now that I built again a second system, I wanted to buy the CXA81. I do not really like the color, and also not the price. If I pay that much, at least I want to have 1 or 2 options. So I went for something else.

I had a black CXA 80. Loved it (was stupid enough to sold it.) Now that I built again a second system, I wanted to buy the CXA81. I do not really like the color, and also not the price. If I pay that much, at least I want to have 1 or 2 options. So I went for something else.
Is the silver one no longer available then? I thought it was only the version 2 that came in Lunar Grey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts